GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heads up for those with awful MPGs

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
when you get done jerking yourself off, maybe you can add something of value :unsure:
Nah I'm having fun just laughing at you chasing your own tail

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
immediately, but I'll check again in a bit.
did you check? also, do you have obdeleven? can you check these values. i am wondering if my fuel cut issue is somehow pedal related. I know you can calibrate the TB, but im not aware of any pedal adjustments.

accl pedal at zero
1657815859036.png
1657815915713.png

pedal at floor
1657815827234.png
1657815932685.png

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Got my fuel pump changed out finally, super simply install.
One odd thing tho, I pulled the wire connecting to the old fuel pump and turned on the engine to release the pressure.
The video i was watching said that eventually the engine would die, because you know... the fuel pump isnt pumping fuel....

well mine didnt die aha, I unplugged the fuel pump started her up and she went for a good ten minutes acting like everything was ok and normal.
I reved it a bit near the end to see if it would kill it, it did not, but in the end I just turned the key off and proceeded with a bunch of rags in case fuel spray.

Whats weirder and slightly more concerning is that it also didnt cause any engine codes to be thrown out.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
One odd thing tho, I pulled the wire connecting to the old fuel pump and turned on the engine to release the pressure.
The video i was watching said that eventually the engine would die, because you know... the fuel pump isnt pumping fuel....

well mine didnt die aha, I unplugged the fuel pump started her up and she went for a good ten minutes acting like everything was ok and normal.
I reved it a bit near the end to see if it would kill it, it did not, but in the end I just turned the key off and proceeded with a bunch of rags in case fuel spray.

Whats weirder and slightly more concerning is that it also didnt cause any engine codes to be thrown out.
That/s bc your high pressure pump is driven off the engine and supplies the injectors. Probably somewhere near 2000 psi

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...

Weird, mine died within 10-15 seconds.