GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!

KJW-TSI

Passed Driver's Ed
hey! Wanted to introduce myself, just picked up my 2010 golf 6 tsi. Candy white,sunroof, fold away tow bar,35% llumar tint,Headlight shields and planing to chip it and lots more. I'm a big vw fun! 1st car was a vw polo and this is my second car.wanted the gti,but could not afford it.

Attachments

• P1120816.jpg
    P1120816.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 327

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
Finally in the right generation of VW lol

Hello everyone! My name is Jason and I'm hoping by the end of the week I'm going to be a owner of a 2010 Golf. Once I do the test drive I know I will be totally sold on it. I've never owned a German product before and I am super excited. I was on another VW site thinking that it was the right generation (mk5), apparently not. I was asking questions that were legitimate and I was getting sort of flamed for it. I wasn't impressed to say the least. I've read the forums in here and I think that there is a lot of good information, I know that I've gotten some in the last 24 hours from reading. I can't wait to get chatting and learn from all the wisdom from people within this site.

Talk to you guys on the boards.

Jason

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
Hello everyone! My name is Jason and I'm hoping by the end of the week I'm going to be a owner of a 2010 Golf. Once I do the test drive I know I will be totally sold on it. I've never owned a German product before and I am super excited. I was on another VW site thinking that it was the right generation (mk5), apparently not. I was asking questions that were legitimate and I was getting sort of flamed for it. I wasn't impressed to say the least. I've read the forums in here and I think that there is a lot of good information, I know that I've gotten some in the last 24 hours from reading. I can't wait to get chatting and learn from all the wisdom from people within this site.

Talk to you guys on the boards.

Jason
Jason,
Welcome to the forum!
Because there are a lot of new VW drivers/users here, you're not as likely to get flamed for questions. Nonetheless, use the Search function (which it sounds like you already have) to avoid redundant threads.
Also, don't shy away from the MkV forum. In terms of engines, there's still good info on there that'll be applicable to the MkVI. Just wear your flame suit.
-Dave

ShahulX

Ready to race!
Is the handling essentially the same between the 17 and 18?

I see you already swapped for new tires which look quite nice. Do you have dedicated winter tires as well?

I will get some Blizzaks or Michelin Alpins I believe come winter... I do not believe in all season tires... they arent great for performance and they really arent much better than summer tires in winter.... pass on "one tire" for all seasons lol...

gotti1

Ready to race!
Thanks everyone for the great advice. I decided to go with Gunther VW of Coconut Creek and got the exact car I wanted. I drove 21 hrs down from Indiana with some friends to pick it up and spent the night, then drove it 1,400 miles back home.

2dr UG dsg
Detroit
bi xenons

Attachments

• CIMG0087.jpg
    CIMG0087.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 307

mortis

Ready to race!
I hope to pickup my new 2010 VW GTI 4-door today. The door had a little scratch on it and the dealer is fixing it. I said good-bye to my 2007 Passat 2.0t today. The Passat was a great car, but I've wanted a GTI for a long time. MY wife and I have owned V-Dub and Audi autos for several years. Hope the GTI will be as much funny as my 2003 Audi TT minus the speeding tickets :)