GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Cooktenstein

Ready to race!
2011 cw 2dr manual w/sunroof

Hi all! So, i am a student studying to be a respiratory therapist and graduate next spring. Anyway, I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now and i am finally getting a chance to post. I just picked up my 2011 cw 2dr manual w/sunroof today and ..............I LOVE THIS CAR:happyanim:! I am ordering a set of Fk silverlines on the 26th so i should be able to remove all of the fender gap and maybe a little more. I look forword to posting lots of pics! :) Happy motoring!

Attachments

• P1020019.jpg
    P1020019.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 253
  • P1020020.jpg
    P1020020.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 239

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
TDI to GTI

Nice to be here. Just picked up a 2011 Tornado Red GTI 4-door with Sunroof. This after driving my beloved '99 New Beetle TDI for 12 years and racking up 257,000 miles. Now the Beetle is my daughter's car, and the GTI is in the garage, but it sure hurts to see the Beetle parked in the street.

One day with the GTI - what a great car. Reminds me a lot of my '83 RX-7. Lots to learn... Chris

seppieboy

Ready to race!
Hi Guys, Im joe, but my friends call me seppieboy. I have a 2010 GTI, got it december of 09. Checked on this forum 2009 and it was pretty empty. Doing some research on coils and Im pretty surprised to see this community grow big. Im not very knowledgable with automotives, but I really do enjoy my car. Its mostly stock except for the 19" Volk Rays RE30 rims and PS2's on it. Planning to get some KW coilovers sometime soon.

CeeeeJ

What got you into VWs? What do you drive? What do you hope to buy? Option Spec? Anything on-topic or just say Hi

Hey everybody! I'm CJ! I'm kinda new to this forum thing, but this is my first VW I've ever owned! Always been a big euro fan though, but owned BMWs. I drive a 2011 VW GTI in carbon steel grey; 2 door, 6 speed manual, that i got in October! And i absolutely love it, this 2.0 TSi shows serious potential and cant wait to start the upgrades! hopefully some of you "seasoned" VW owners can give me some opinions of the best quality parts for my GTI!

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 210

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Hello from Cyprus, Europe.
I am driving a Hyundai Coupe (Tiburon) 2000 model and planning to change it.
Now trying to figure our whether should I go for the new golf or the tiguan. I know there are 2 so different cars but both of them have plus and minuses. If I would chose the Golf, then I would prefer the highest end of TSI with leather and put the extra bucks in some nice oem mods.

In my opinion buddy one word sums it all up;:wosschilder980: Golf. The Tiguan should be due for a facelift anytime this year so you may regret it. Besides since you have a Hyundai Coupe so you'd probably enjoy the Golf even more ;)

jeffmo

I bought my 2010 Golf about a moth ago after laying to rest my '03 Jetta GLI.. I loved the Jetta and it served me well but I'm more than happy to join the Golf family.. I look forward to learning a lot about my car and making mods in the future :)

Bassie

Hey guys!

Just wanted to introduce myself on this forum.

I'm from Sweden and currently live just north of Stockholm.
Found this place just scanning the web for some sweet MK6 GTI forums!

Got my silver GTI 2weeks ago and I absolutely love it! It came with the sunroof, navi, mdi and leatherseats.

Cheers!

//Sebastian

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys!

Just wanted to introduce myself on this forum.

I'm from Sweden and currently live just north of Stockholm.
Found this place just scanning the web for some sweet MK6 GTI forums!

Got my silver GTI 2weeks ago and I absolutely love it! It came with the sunroof, navi, mdi and leatherseats.

Cheers!

//Sebastian

welcome, im sure there has to be some nice b-roads in sweden. i think koenigseggs come from sweden, have you seen any? that is a nice car!! have fun with your gti.

Bassie

welcome, im sure there has to be some nice b-roads in sweden. i think koenigseggs come from sweden, have you seen any? that is a nice car!! have fun with your gti.

Thanks! Definately, Stockholms most famous motorcycle road is just a 10min drive away! :)

Yup, I filmed Bård Eker (one of Koenigegg owners) and his CCX in Gothenburg this September! I don't want to brag on my second post here but actually I'm in the filmmaking business (apart from my ordinary job) and I'm working with Gran Turismo Events who organizes supercar event on tracks in and around Europe.
On this year we'll be going to Spa-Fransorchamps, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Poznan TOR and 2 tracks in Sweden. (Waiting to bring my GTI out on the F1 track in Spa :happyanim: )

arkju

Greetings all GTI fans!

Hi, I am arkju, just got my 2011 GTI yesterday!!!

I love it!

The car is red 5door, rides on 18 inch Detroit wheels, has Interlagos upholstery and sunroof. I love the DSG transmission - it is fast and quiet and provides excellent acceleration when operated manually via paddles from the steering wheel.

The ride is firm, the car corners with ease and the steering input is perfect!
I was surprised by the amount of space behind the wheel. Recently I test drove the Mini Cooper S and JCW, the 2009 TT and Lotus Elise - I had lots of trouble finding proper fit behind the wheel. This car excells and IMHO is the right choice for every driver taller than 6.2!

If you are shopping for the driver's car with quality interior and very smooth engine this is the car to consider!

Have a good day everyone!

nick779

hey everyone im Nick, and im completely new to VW, i started with a red 95 isuzu oasis, then inherited a 95 nissan xe 4wd pickup 5 speed 4 cyl that magically got 12 mpg, and now i have a 2000 acura integra ls 3 door 5 speed that im just tired of fixing, and isnt remotely quick at all.

im in the market for a new or used car, and ive been eyeballing the civic si, but the model change for 2012 doesnt appeal at all to me, so im debating between a new 2010 mazdaspeed 3 and a new or used (08+) GTI

even though the mazda is faster, the gti just felt better, but im worried about the reliability of these cars, and im hoping someone can chime in about it.
tips about buying used gti's would be helpful too

granted, i am a nissan technician, and i know my way around a car, im just not familiar at all with a VW but ive wanted a golf for the longest time

marcelo929

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, just took delivery of my 2011 GTI 2-door. 6sp manual with the autobahn package black on black. Been driving it around and its just incredible! updating my ipod as we speak to go check it out with the navi integration ;)

maluthug

Ready to race!
hey fellas, just got a 4dr CW 6spd w/nav. i haven't had time to drive it much. its tucked away in my garage away from the snow that ny has been getting. can't wait to play with it already!