GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help needed with my DSG... drives clunky, loses power, no faults in P but loads of codes when in D

cavok

Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2014
Hi, guys.
Long time reader here but first time posting.

Need your help with my MK7 GTI 2014 with 57300 km on the clock.

The car drives but it is struggling to shift gears. It loses power between the gears and after a minute or so, it gives me two alerts saying (1) “Error: Transmission. Reverse not possible.” and (2) “ACC and Front Assist not available”.

Interestingly enough, those issues are cleared after turning off/on the car. However, the moment I drive it a bit, the clunky transmission problem persists until the error message comes up again.

Also, I am getting no errors when the car is in P but the moment I bring it to D, loads of transmission codes are popping up on my OBDeleven. I will list the codes below.

I already changed the battery to an AGM one, and did the adaptation using OBDeleven. No success!

Also cleared the codes and scanned it again… basically same behaviour - No errors when in P but loads of transmissions codes when in D or N.

Have you come across this behaviour? Would you be able to shed me some light, please?

I will head to the garage early next week but it's been hard to manage my anxiety here. :(

Thanks, folks!

OBDeleven log:
02 Transmission
System description: DQ250-6F MQB
Software number: 0D9300040S
Software version: 4311
Hardware number: 02E927770AQ
Hardware version: H52

Faults:
P072C00 - Stuck in Gear 1
Intermittent

P072D00 - Stuck in Gear 2
Intermittent

P072E00 - Stuck in Gear 3
Intermittent

P073A00 - Stuck in Gear 5
Intermittent

P072F00 - Stuck in Gear 4
Intermittent

P174A00 - Valve 3 in partial transmission 1
Electrical error
Intermittent

P174E00 - Valve 3 in partial transmission 2
Electrical error
Intermittent

P179D00 - Cooling oil valve
Electrical error
Intermittent

P271100 - Unexpected Mechanical Gear Disengagement
static
Priority - 0
Malfunction frequency counter - 2
Unlearning counter - 255

P079700 - Pressure Contr.Solenoid C
Stuck On
Intermittent

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-25 at 12.51.06.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-25 at 12.51.07.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-25 at 12.51.08.jpeg

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I can't offer a solution as to what might be wrong, but just as an anxiety management note - are you scanning while the car is running? Even the most perfectly functioning DSG will give often the 'stuck in gear' codes (and sometimes others) when running. Scan it after you've been out for a drive, with ignition on and engine off. Sounds like you have got something going on....but perhaps not as drastic as the numerous codes are having you believe.

cavok

Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2014
I can't offer a solution as to what might be wrong, but just as an anxiety management note - are you scanning while the car is running? Even the most perfectly functioning DSG will give often the 'stuck in gear' codes (and sometimes others) when running. Scan it after you've been out for a drive, with ignition on and engine off. Sounds like you have got something going on....but perhaps not as drastic as the numerous codes are having you believe.
Hi. Thanks for your answer.

I actually scanned it in both situations.
While driving, all the codes that are popping up in green, expect the P271100 which remains in red.
The drivability is limited. The car is very clunky and barely has the power to carry on, not to mention that it struggles a lot during the gear changes.

When I park the car and put it in P with the engine on or off, no fault codes are showing up.

I’m really hopping for the best! :(

cavok

Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2014
Out of the blue. :(
I bought the car some while ago but due to personal circumstances, I barely drove it over the last months and now the warranty is gone.

What is really intriguing me is that the battery was relatively new when I bought the car. That’s why I took the route to replace the battery and adapt the new one hoping that the previous owner could’ve messed with the adaptation process.
Also, interestingly enough, the previous owner serviced the car at a VW dealer only 500km before selling it. 🤔

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Mechatronic is the likely culprit.