GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help: What kind of catback exhaust is this?

Jonrogers421

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased a 2012 GTI this past weekend and the previous owner had an aftermarket exhaust that he threw in with the car. There are no logos/branding on the exhaust anywhere. I've done a little bit of research and think it might be a godspeed but I'm not certain.

Tips are 4 Inches.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jonrogers421

Passed Driver's Ed
Its a Godspeed catback, I know because I had one. However the design is the similar as magnaflow.

How did you like it? Drone? Any issues? 1/10 1 being stock 10 being straightpipe where you put the sound?

Jonrogers421

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll direct you to the thread loll too lazy to type.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52746

In short: raw, loud, a bit of drone, sounds amazing when floor it, 6/10.

Thanks for sharing, I read that thread earlier and have watched some videos but it still doesn't really give much info as to sound, drone, start-up noise. I guess I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or sell it. I dont want a loud obnoxious catback with a drone. If I were to sell it what is a fair price?

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for sharing, I read that thread earlier and have watched some videos but it still doesn't really give much info as to sound, drone, start-up noise. I guess I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or sell it. I dont want a loud obnoxious catback with a drone. If I were to sell it what is a fair price?

All the info is all there within the 32 pages thread.

the drone only exist at highway speed like 60-70mph if I remember right. Its not too bad but it sounds nice when you floor it. why not try it out yourself? Cold start is louder than stock(of cuz). Warm start is noticeable but not bad.
I sold mine for $130 or 150.

I miss that sound sometimes.

Jonrogers421

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for your input! I think i'll give it a shot and see how I like it.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
why dont you just drive around with it since it came on the car... and see how you like it?

Jonrogers421

Passed Driver's Ed
why dont you just drive around with it since it came on the car... and see how you like it?

Unfortunately the exhaust was taken off when the car was certified so I wasnt able to drive it or hear the exhaust. I'm kind of leaning towards just popping it on and trying it out for a bit.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Unfortunately the exhaust was taken off when the car was certified so I wasnt able to drive it or hear the exhaust. I'm kind of leaning towards just popping it on and trying it out for a bit.

Oh i see now. For some reason i didnt see that in the original post. Just saw the pics on the car and was like huh?

I have a Beluga racing catback and its a nice deep tone. The godspeed should mate really nice with the stock downpipe. Shouldnt be to loud down low but open up when you get on it.

Then again tone/drone is all subjective to the individual.

Jonrogers421

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh i see now. For some reason i didnt see that in the original post. Just saw the pics on the car and was like huh?

I have a Beluga racing catback and its a nice deep tone. The godspeed should mate really nice with the stock downpipe. Shouldnt be to loud down low but open up when you get on it.

Then again tone/drone is all subjective to the individual.

Awesome, I think it'll be good. I just read through the 37 page novel thread on the godspeed exhaust's that theunholy linked me to. Seems legit enough. I'll give it a shot. Any tips on the best remedy to reaaaaaallly dirty exhaust tips?

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
Its a godspeed for sure. I like it, it doesn't really drone at all. Fitment is decent but take a little finessing.

Jonrogers421

Passed Driver's Ed
Its a godspeed for sure. I like it, it doesn't really drone at all. Fitment is decent but take a little finessing.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I'm going to put it on this weekend, also doing a apr stage 1 tune at Mihns in Brooklyn, anyone ever use them?