GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hi from a new owner

6MT_GTI

Ready to race!
I used to have a 2000 Golf 1.8T, and was very disappointed reliability-wise, however, it was a fun, little car.
Moved on to the BMW family and was a happy camper for some time.
My last car was a 2011 335is, 7DCT. Amazing power and sound. Everything else (and all that power) just did not fit my driving and living style. Could not stand the DCT in normal city driving conditions. Any spirited driving (0-60 in about 4.5s) and magically, the cops showed up right behind me. The car was the cop magnet!

Last week, I took my 335is to a local VW dealer and walked away with a new 4-door GTI, 6MT, Autobahn (Black on black) and never looked back, so far, absolutely no regrets. That nice check that accompanied the new 2013 GTI was also a plus ;)

I know it is too early to get attached, however, I enjoy the GTI much more than I ever did enjoy my Bimmer. I just love the nimble response of the car and the 6MT.

I plan to do Stage 1 APR down the road, first, I want to get to know her better...

Kyle805

Ready to race!
Welcome man, once you do the first mod get ready for many more to come. Seems like it never stops

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Congrats & welcome!

4DcWMk6

Ready to race!
congrats!

6MT_GTI

Ready to race!
thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Although I really liked the other car Forum and appreciated knowledgeable responses, one thing that sticks here is that you guys have much more respect for other car brands!

Enjoying my little car -- a perfect blend of performance (pick up/handling) and comfort!

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Welcome, we are currently running the APR Spring Into Power Sale so that's something to look into! PM me if you have any questions!

Andy

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Although I really liked the other car Forum and appreciated knowledgeable responses, one thing that sticks here is that you guys have much more respect for other car brands!

Enjoying my little car -- a perfect blend of performance (pick up/handling) and comfort!

When you're on top and no longer competing for the top spot, you tend to become more amicable.

:D

butchered by autocorrect

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Congratulations and Welcome. Post some pics of your new ride!

Winoman

Ready to race!
Hey 6MT_GTI - I'm new here too but I've had my GTI for nearly 3 years now (and am just getting around to modding)...also still have my BMW - an e46 - and love that car. I hear you though - completely - when it comes to the joy of a smaller nimble car. Most folks would classify my BMW and my Audi S4 as small cars - and the e46 definatly drives "smaller" then the 335 - but none of that super nimble feel that you get with the GTI and I realized how much I missed that in the years since I had my mr2. I always advise younger drivers particularly to start out with a smaller nimble car and not to worry so much about the power - handling and nimbleness equates to fun...not that my other cars aren't fun - they are - but the GTI has an awful lot going for it. Welcome to the club!

6MT_GTI

Ready to race!
Hey 6MT_GTI - I'm new here too but I've had my GTI for nearly 3 years now (and am just getting around to modding)...also still have my BMW - an e46 - and love that car. I hear you though - completely - when it comes to the joy of a smaller nimble car. Most folks would classify my BMW and my Audi S4 as small cars - and the e46 definatly drives "smaller" then the 335 - but none of that super nimble feel that you get with the GTI and I realized how much I missed that in the years since I had my mr2. I always advise younger drivers particularly to start out with a smaller nimble car and not to worry so much about the power - handling and nimbleness equates to fun...not that my other cars aren't fun - they are - but the GTI has an awful lot going for it. Welcome to the club!

Thanks!
Sounds like I went through a few of them: 1998 Passat 1.8T, 2000 Golf 1.8T, 2006 325i, 2010 S4, moved to Europe for 2.5 years --> 2006 120d SE + 2010 Passat 2.0d, 335IS and now the GTI.

And a few before and in between.

So far, I enjoy this car (and the 120d) the most...and did not do any upgrades yet. May want to wait a year or so to get a mod itch.