GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the Wrapped Roofs Holding Up?

JhnR

Banned
Gloss gets scratched. My matte one has no visible scratches...

finallyamused

Ready to race!
Gloss gets scratched if you scratch it. Matte gets scratched if you scratch it. If you take care of it (like anything else) you'll get your time and money's worth out of it.

A friend of mine just started his own business and he would charge no more than $175 for a GTI with a sunroof and that's with 3M vinyl. He's done my roof, my boyfriend's roof, wrapped his entire MKV GTI and he's been in the tinting industry for 10+ years (we worked at the same shop for 8 years).

This is the page for his business he started - All Under Wraps

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Gloss gets scratched if you scratch it. Matte gets scratched if you scratch it. If you take care of it (like anything else) you'll get your time and money's worth out of it.

A friend of mine just started his own business and he would charge no more than $175 for a GTI with a sunroof and that's with 3M vinyl. He's done my roof, my boyfriend's roof, wrapped his entire MKV GTI and he's been in the tinting industry for 10+ years (we worked at the same shop for 8 years).

This is the page for his business he started - All Under Wraps

Thanks but my expenses and time to drive to. Cape Coral would not make it worth it for me :thumbsup:

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Kyle I'll give Rod Wraps a call. :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
word. Always best to get local recommendations. Like anything, a wrap quality will depend on the materials used, the installer's capabilities, and the climate the car is in.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I just received a quote for $400 to wrap my roof in Gloss Black. Lol I know this is too high! What should I expect to pay for this Service.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
I just received a quote for $400 to wrap my roof in Gloss Black. Lol I know this is too high! What should I expect to pay for this Service.

$275-350 range is more like it. Depends on whether you use a house brand or name brand like 3M

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I would want to use 3M or it's Equivalent. :thumbsup:

jtbazz

Passed Driver's Ed
Question

Why wrap it. Wouldn't having it painted be more durable. When the wrap is removed does it damage paint?

zhamel0326

Ready to race!
Check out Carbon Wraps Orlando. Orlando may be a bit of a drive from Palm Beach, but they do amazing work!

KO7

Ready to race!
Bumping this thread as I'm considering getting the roof done.
Anyone have regrets due to their roofs not holding up? Removed it because of that reason?