GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do i remove the window trim?

jy7347

Passed Driver's Ed
window trim removal DIY (Pics)

i cracked my window trim on my driver door, and figured out how to replace it.
difficulty level: really easy.
tools required: T25 (i think) Torx screw driver and that's it

step 1: Open window all the way.
step 2: pull the rubber seal aside

step 3: unscrew the 3 torx screws

step 4: wiggle it out

sorry for the lack of details. this is more of a follow up. i already replaced the trim. u can see how the chinese made trim looks identical.

With the pictures provided, it should be more than enough. this is a simple job, all that is holding onto the trim is 3 torx screws and the rubber seal.

Last edited:

CRAIG_01

Ready to race!
Where did you find the cheap replacement? Mine has scratches on them and they weren't from me. Pretty annoying..

jy7347

Passed Driver's Ed
Got them from China, they fit perfect, and they look exactly the same. Hey its just a piece of plastic, why not go china.
I got pictures I can post up later on my pc.
And I figured out how to replace em, extremely easy. Will post up a write up.

jy7347

Passed Driver's Ed
Where did you find the cheap replacement? Mine has scratches on them and they weren't from me. Pretty annoying..

if you need some, maybe i can get from from china for u and ship em over, which country r u in? it should cost around $25USD, depending on shipping

logixal1

Banned
They're called b-pillars just so you know

skyfox23

Ready to race!
Nice thanks for the post. Tempted to do this myself due to scratches, how much?

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Thanks for updating top post. Bookmarking to do this later. Scratches are annoying. I might even laminex it if I replace.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

FerdiRock

window trim removal DIY (Pics)

i cracked my window trim on my driver door, and figured out how to replace it.
difficulty level: really easy.
tools required: T25 (i think) Torx screw driver and that's it

step 1: Open window all the way.
step 2: pull the rubber seal aside

step 3: unscrew the 3 torx screws

step 4: wiggle it out

sorry for the lack of details. this is more of a follow up. i already replaced the trim. u can see how the chinese made trim looks identical.

With the pictures provided, it should be more than enough. this is a simple job, all that is holding onto the trim is 3 torx screws and the rubber seal.
Thank you for doing the legwork on this, good to know it's more simple than I thought it would be!

Did you do the trim around the glass behind the doors, as well?? I have a MK6 Jetta Sportwagen, and I want to pull my window trim off the car so I can redo it in black.