GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How hard do you drive your 2.5L?

scoobasteve11

Ready to race!
Commute 2 hours each way a day in bumper to bumper traffic. The only chance I get to go WOT is at the red lights before I get onto the freeways and I do it every time haha.

Would prob go insaine if I didn't o_O

pyromaniac3303

Passed Driver's Ed
30 min drive back and forth from work. It turns into a one lane each way country road sooooo, i usually go WOT hitting 90-100 cruising to work. I love hearing the apr intake and awe exhaust roar. I hit the governor on that road, 121mph. Felt good.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
Was baby-ing mine during the first little break-in period.

Now she's all grown up and I gun it all the time. Hard to in the city, but sometimes you have to, to get around all the idiot drivers in Toronto. I'm sure everyone else here from the GTA will agree

stealthy1

Ready to race!
I would say that the car is built solid. Even the aftermarket I put in it (Carbonio and stuff) is pretty stock. I am taking out my H&Rs in favor of DGs.

Driving hard is not an issue but I wouldn't do it all the time. To show off in front of high schools? Yes. But I have a ligh blue car with black highlights. Lol

Done deal, it'll hit redline at full operating temp and have no worries. I like to think engines are like people...you run hard and the next day rest up and be all good.

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion

krQw

How I drive daily:
Launch at 1200-1500rpm
1st gear 4000-4500rpm
2nd gear 4000rpm
3rd gear 3000rpm (already around 85-90kph at this point, which is 15-25 over the speed limit)
Skip 4th and slip into 5th and cruise. If you need to accelerate, drop it to 4th.

Civic? Corolla? 323? Mazda 3? B200? You can beat them all and you're not even redlining it. Keep in mind our 2.5L is more powerful than many other competitors' base models, sometimes its not even a fair fight. The 2.slow like the Jetta, maybe. 2.5L is not "slow", not even close.

I even took an M3 all the way to redline from 2nd, was able to keep up until about 80kph (was a short 3 second run). I guess the stupid mama's boy didn't have enough sense to let go of his throttle and got himself pulled over shortly after that. I think he must have been doing at least 120kph on a 50kph zone. :bellyroll:

Was baby-ing mine during the first little break-in period.

Now she's all grown up and I gun it all the time. Hard to in the city, but sometimes you have to, to get around all the idiot drivers in Toronto. I'm sure everyone else here from the GTA will agree

That's exactly what I did with mine as well, but I gun it on every light (not in downtown though, way too many idiots, bikers and jaywalkers). :p

I almost broke 200kph on Steeles going towards Ajax, redlining every gear to 4th not even shifting into 5th yet.

Last edited:

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
You gotta gun it on the on-ramp and get as far left as you can on the gardiner just to avoid getting stuck in the backlog of idiots who don't know how to accelerate on a highway...:paddle:

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
How I drive daily:
Launch at 1200-1500rpm
1st gear 4000-4500rpm
2nd gear 4000rpm
3rd gear 3000rpm (already around 85-90kph at this point, which is 15-25 over the speed limit)
Skip 4th and slip into 5th and cruise. If you need to accelerate, drop it to 4th.

Civic? Corolla? 323? Mazda 3? B200? You can beat them all and you're not even redlining it. Keep in mind our 2.5L is more powerful than many other competitors' base models, sometimes its not even a fair fight. The 2.slow like the Jetta, maybe. 2.5L is not "slow", not even close.

I even took an M3 all the way to redline from 2nd, was able to keep up until about 80kph (was a short 3 second run). I guess the stupid mama's boy didn't have enough sense to let go of his throttle and got himself pulled over shortly after that. I think he must have been doing at least 120kph on a 50kph zone. :bellyroll:

That's exactly what I did with mine as well, but I gun it on every light (not in downtown though, way too many idiots, bikers and jaywalkers). :p

I almost broke 200kph on Steeles going towards Ajax, redlining every gear to 4th not even shifting into 5th yet.

Going 200kmh on Steeles? Keep that up and it will be impounded and you will be in court. Stop driving like a dumb ass before you kill someone.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Anyone who doesn't respect the 2.5 needs to google bluewater performance... Or take a ride in a turbocharged rabbit. It may not be the easiest project but considering bluewater ditched the engine out of an r32 for a 2.5 to take to the salt I think we all know what the engine with the best potential is

luvvwdubs

Passed Driver's Ed
Going 200kmh on Steeles? Keep that up and it will be impounded and you will be in court. Stop driving like a dumb ass before you kill someone.
Next time try to brake 200, I maxed out mine at 210 (electronic limiter) and i was going at about 3500rpms on 5 th gear, I have an auto... I bet without the limiter we can do 230-240. Haha that should be interesting to test

GTI-Joonster

Ready to race!
I am not saying 2.5 is slow.
Slow car driving fast is so much fun than driving fast car slow.
When I had my 06 civic I took it to its limit. It was so much fun.
Now I have my GTI I have even more fun. I have not really pushed it much though.

I am not saying 2.5 is slow.
Slow car driving fast
is so much fun than driving fast car slow.
When I had my 06 civic I took it to its limit. It was so much fun.
Now I have my GTI I have even more fun. I have not really pushed it much though.

:lol::lol: .... this aint no civic bro. lmao.. i stayed with a stage 1 gti from a 40km roll till 82-85 kms then he put about 2.5-3 cars on me since we went till 130.