GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How long until the MK6 R will be <$20k?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Seeing as though MK4 R32s are still around the $18K range, its going to be a WHILE.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
MK4 - 44Kmiles - $18K
MK5 - 23Kmiles - $23K
MK5 - 63Kmiles - $20K
MK5 - 103Kmiles - $14K

Sure....high mileage....but who would want to buy a 100K+ VW?

adolan21

Ready to race!
Golf R prices are about $3k to $4k less than a CPO B8 Audi S4 around here, so they're still a bit high.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
the R will hit 20k when your GTI will be under 10k :laugh: It will always be worth double.

fasteddy

Ready to race!
I really wish we didn't have people bashing the VW/GTI resale value/longevity. I feel like you guys are only hurting the perceived value in our market. Don't you think it is true that our cars will always fetch what the market perceives their value to be?

The bias in this thread (yes, there are biased comments) is really obvious to people that know who they are coming from, but even knowing this I still don't think it's ever good for any of us to downplay resale values for our vehicles. I also don't think any of us have taken the time to accurately forecast what the current R will be worth after the launch of an unreleased version.

To say that an R will be worth 'ten-fold or double' the value of his car just seems like bashing, especially when we honestly dont know what his car will be worth in two years. Plenty of people drive and buy VW's beyond 100k, there are even members in our own community that have done so.

There are many more factors here at play than I think we've considered. Many car companies, VW included, have come a long way over the last decade with the quality in their current line of cars. Using resale values for older lines of cars might help to determine the value, but with what certainty can we make that assumption?

VW's current line of cars are great vehicles, all in all. Remember, VW doesn't build cars with too much emphasis on the idea that they will be tuned, modified, or otherwise tampered with. They engineer and design their cars to work well off the line, with countless hours of R&D, in stock form.

I feel like we're only hurting ourselves with some of the comments in this thread.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I don't think the MKVI R will hold it's value as well as the MKIV R has, honestly.

That being said, it's going to be a while.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
:laugh: at the resale rant

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
A collective group on the forums will not destroy resale value.

CW12

Ready to race!
I did just find a used 2012 Golf R with 60K on it for $21,000. If I needed an extra car that is a good deal even with high miles. It is 100% stock and was used for a long commute.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
THE INTERNETS ARE POWERFUL BEYOND ALL MEANS, BEWARE!

ALL GOLF R SHOULD NOW BE SOLD AT $5000! THE INTERNET MUST MAKE THIS HAPPEN!