GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many girls drive GTI's?

Clarkson

Ready to race!
there's one in my building complex... she treats her autobahn like crap :(

garyVW

my 12 y/o daughter tells me today my new GTI looks like a girls car.
guess who is riding the bus the rest of the week.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

You should because she is right.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

easy solution, pull up a youtube video of a stage 3 ko4 gti destroying some car she really likes like a mustang or something lol. then to her friends she'll be like "my dads car beats mustangs and stuff!" and then just sit back laughing as you get mad :respekt:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
easy solution, pull up a youtube video of a stage 3 ko4 gti destroying some car she really likes like a mustang or something lol. then to her friends she'll be like "my dads car beats mustangs and stuff!" and then just sit back laughing as you get mad :respekt:

theres a video of a BT gti keeping up with a viper....no joke!!

Winoman

Ready to race!
My wife drives a MT BMW 330i and her previous car was an early Acura Integra manual. When we met she was driving a MT Rabbit diesel! She occasionally drives the GTI - much more our (recently deceased) 2010 then this one - mostly just because I've been driving it nearly all of the time since we got it in August....but that will change (I'll be driving the Audi a lot more in the winter). Funny - with the GTI she's never even gotten into any boost much at all yet (pretty much not at all)...ands its not her thing. Part of the problem learning on an old Rabbit diesel is that she thinks you have to shift at like 2,000 rpm - lol

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Me, being in high school, have had numerous discussions over weather a GTI is a "chick" car... And from what it seems to me, the people who don't know crap about cars to the point where they don't even know what their parents drive, call it a chick car. People who know about cars, they say its for both, but its performance-oriented, which usually attracts more males. That's just a known fact. Its not often, though its awesome when you see women really interested in automobiles. And also, if a woman's going to get a VW, what about the Beetle? Maybe even Jetta or Golf (Which aren't blatant "Chick" cars)? Most women usually don't want a performance oriented car. Some awesome women do! Basically every woman I've met has viewed a car as an appliance basically. Point A to point B.

clownish

just clowning around
Around here I see plenty of GTIs driven by everyone. Young, old, male, female. I will note that if it is a female, I rarely see it looking modified beyond the flower lanyard hanging from the rear view. Though I know that there are also plenty of modified GTIs driven around here. HS Tuning owner's wife drives a Stage 2 MKVI, for example.

On my way home from work today I saw a beautiful Mazdaspeed3 crusing. Pulled up next to it and it was a wee little old lady driving hunched over with both hands on the wheel. Hilarious.

And Jettas are definately girl cars. Ever seen the League? Taco has an awesome theory about Jettas that has been a common sterotype around for a while... Late model Jetta? Usually driven by an attractive girl.

Bowthewow

Ready to race!
Hey guys

I work for the Fire Department here in South Florida. Us Firefighter's are known for busting eachothers balls about things we do, things we say and the cars we drive.

Most Firefighters have Trucks (which I used to have also) but I live far from most stations and i wanted a quick car that looked sporty, got good MPG and had 4 doors (as I have 2 kids) both in car seats might I add... I have some guys that ask if I got my car for my sweet 16's or "When did daddy buy you that car, Graduation?" etc...lol

That got me thinking the other day. How many females actually drive mk6 GTI's? From what I see in the forum and on the street it's more of a guys car...

Any ladies in the forum??

That is all....:thumbup:

Get some bags and a camber kit. It aint girly then.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Around here I see plenty of GTIs driven by everyone. Young, old, male, female. I will note that if it is a female, I rarely see it looking modified beyond the flower lanyard hanging from the rear view. Though I know that there are also plenty of modified GTIs driven around here. HS Tuning owner's wife drives a Stage 2 MKVI, for example.

On my way home from work today I saw a beautiful Mazdaspeed3 crusing. Pulled up next to it and it was a wee little old lady driving hunched over with both hands on the wheel. Hilarious.

And Jettas are definately girl cars. Ever seen the League? Taco has an awesome theory about Jettas that has been a common sterotype around for a while... Late model Jetta? Usually driven by an attractive girl.

Yeah now that you brought up the League haha!!!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
If anything's a girl car it's what I'm driving now, until I get my GTI.. Grocery getter...