GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How often (if ever) do you change your tune mode??

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
I'm getting Apr reflash next week. This thread is actually really interesting to me. I think I'll just get 91,stock,and lock out. Thanks guys you just saved me some $$$$$

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
Even with Apr stage 1, D mode is pretty tame. My wife was all worried when she first drove it stage 1 and wanted me to switch to stock but i refused and I just told her to keep it in D. Nice and smooth, she was fine. Though she hit 70 in a blink in a 55 and I had to warn her cuz the ride is smoother than her civic.

I think being able to set the top speed limiter and rev limiter dynamically might be an interesting option on the mobile apr app though. No kids now, but if I did I'd want a new driver to top out at 75mph.

Valet would be useful if it was fast to swap on a phone too. Itd be funny if someone stole it from the valet, hit the highway, and topped out at 35 mph!!

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
bahahaha... cuz that foot is so hard to control. lol.

Maybe that's why i get shitty gas mileage,Thanks Plac :w00t:

mkstan15

Ready to race!
I wish there was a way of changing modes while driving, because to switch to valet mode before you drop it off you pretty much have to stop before, switch, then drive to the valet.

I usually either pull over a few minutes before I get to the place or tell the valet to wait and then switch programs. I've only used a valet service twice, both time I didn't know it was valet until I pulled up.

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
i put it on valet when teaching my gf to drive stick. will change back to stock & lock out when taking it in for service.

pressure drop

Ready to race!
I usually either pull over a few minutes before I get to the place or tell the valet to wait and then switch programs. I've only used a valet service twice, both time I didn't know it was valet until I pulled up.

Why? I never got the reasoning for this mode. Are you afraid the valet cant handle the massive 250 hp?

Billangz

Ready to race!
I normally have mine set to 91, but on the weekends I'll set it to 93 and add some Octane booster when I fill it up.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Why? I never got the reasoning for this mode. Are you afraid the valet cant handle the massive 250 hp?

I don't think they'll have a problem handling it, but I do think some might have some fun at my car's expense.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I've never changed it back, and thankfully, my dealer is an APR dealer -so I never have to worry about it.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
how did you get all 5 programs?

I paid someone off....or I only had valet while stage one. When I went stage two I dropped valet and got 100 octane in it's place.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I have:

Stock
Valet

Plus fully loaded features.

I keep it in slot one all the time with no lockout and put it in stock with lockout for dealership visits. My dealer is a mod friendly dealer, but better safe than sorry.

GPM

Ready to race!
Haven't changed it since it was loaded.

Took it in for service today, didn't bother setting it to stock mode. I just asked the mechanic not to install any ECU updates. He smiled and said no problem. Of course when I was picking up the car he told me it took 3 tries to get the ECU update to load. I'm sure he got a real kick out of the look on my face before he started laughing.

With the APR intake, Forge Intercooler, and BB downpipe trying to hide the tune seemed kind of foolish.

Fordson

Ready to race!
It's locked out in 93. I never change it.