GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How VW Chocked the Performance of the 07K 2.5 Engine

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
To answer in general, the best upgrade you can do on the 2.5L is an air intake with stage 1 tune. It won't even feel like the same car.

For me the Neuspeed P-Flo is the best intake. I would not worry about heat soak too much as this is a naturally aspirated car so it's not a huge deal compared to a turbo. Any intake under the hood will be taking in warm air. Those little heat shields don't do squat except hold the filter in place.

If you want an actual cold air intake USP Motorworks is the way to go but there are downsides to this as there is the possibility of pulling water through the intake if you drove through a really deep puddle. Also because of the location the filter get dirty faster and is not as easy to service but when I had it I loved it. I only got rid of it when I installed the SRI.

I use the P-Flow because it is California C.A.R.B legal and with stage 1 I don't have to change anything for my semi anual smog checks that just came due.

I've experimented a lot on this car and put a lot of money into it and for me the best all around daily driver has been with IE stage 1 and the P-Flow. If you don't live in California and you have the $2k to spend the SRI with Stage 2 is pretty damn fun and the car sounds like a beast.
I Agree with very thing Chris, except for the USP intake, the best I've seen recently is the Injen Intake for the 2.5. My Brother In Law has one on his 2012 Golf Sportline, he bought it at NextMod on Woodbine Ave. in Markham. The way the Injen intake is designed, the filter area is designed to completely shields out the hot engine bay air and takes the air from the front hood area as per the original design.

EDIT: Personally, I make my own, the once the car is moving the hot air in the engine bay is sucked out from under the car.... .

Last edited:

Grzegorzp

Hi. Is here someone that would be able to calculate intake manifold for NA to be resonating at 6500-7000rpm?
What should be runners length- adding channels length.

And what should be plenum capacity and length to back side to the runners?