GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPA K04 users need some input

KFahey

Ready to race!
HPA K04 Leak

Has anyone had any leaks coming form this v-band clamp assembly? Im having the turbo taken off and sending it back to HPA. They are going to check the connection, pressure test it and check my waste gate crack pressure as well. They swear I am the only case with a leaking outlet assembly.

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
Has anyone had any leaks coming form this v-band clamp assembly? Im having the turbo taken off and sending it back to HPA. They are going to check the connection, pressure test it and check my waste gate crack pressure as well. They swear I am the only case with a leaking outlet assembly.

I had this same problem.

Only found out about it 3 1/2 years after having the turbo installed.

KFahey

Ready to race!
I had this same problem.

Only found out about it 3 1/2 years after having the turbo installed.

Yeah took me a year to figure you it out and I'm still dealing with it 2-1/2 years later. How did you verify the leak? Are you having inconsistent boost issues?

KFahey

Ready to race!
HPA Boost Leak SOLVED

Just to update everyone....

HPA found a pinhole in the compressor housing right behind that turbo outlet assembly causing my boost leak. They are sending me a brand new turbo.

Now to only get them to pay for all the additional labor charges i've paid and give me time back i've wasted.....

slowgti08

Ready to race!

HPA found a pinhole in the compressor housing right behind that turbo outlet assembly causing my boost leak. They are sending me a brand new turbo.

Now to only get them to pay for all the additional labor charges i've paid and give me time back i've wasted.....

Great news. Even better if they pay for fees.

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!

Great news.

Let us know how it works out.

Steve Lai

Going to install a HPA K04. The package has two gaskets for the oil return line, one is metal and the other one is paper. In what order should I put them on. The metal one go for the outlet drain from the turbo or the paper ?
Also, there are two hose clips of same size. One is fit for clamping of the silicone hose to the outlet. The other would be undersize for the the other end connecting the pan cake pipe.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Steve Lai

Going to install a HPA K04. The package has two gaskets for the oil return line, one is metal and the other one is paper. In what order should I put them on. The metal one go for the outlet drain from the turbo or the paper ?
Also, there are two hose clips of same size. One is fit for clamping of the silicone hose to the outlet. The other would be undersize for the the other end connecting the pan cake pipe.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Check w HPA. The metal gasket is for connection from the turbo while the paper gasket is for the connection to the block.

As for the clamp, the second one should fit for connecting the hose & the pancake pipe according to HPA. But I stay w my stock clamp.

HPA’s quick response was appreciated.