Ready to race!
We have the 06E905115E "Red Top" Audi coil packs in stock and ready to ship
If you are the owner of a FSI/TSI powered car and you're experiencing misfires we stock the R8 coil packs. These come stock in most of the high output Audi engines and we've had good luck using these when the stock FSI/TSI coils fail, which we've seen a lot of lately. We also highly recommend using these coils when installing a K04.
The coil packs can be purchased online by clicking the above image or HERE
Here's a shot of some of the coil packs getting ready to be packed up and sent out today.
For those of you looking for more technical data on these coil packs, here is what we've found so far with our bench ( oscilloscope ) testing:
1) These coils can be used on your FSI/TSI engine at ANY level of modification. They function just as well on a dead stock car as a highly modified one.
2) They are NOT the same coils with red housings. The secondary circuit on the R8 coils has a higher resistance (more windings) than the stock coils. In fact the secondary circuits were slightly closer to the Okadas we tested than the secondary of the stock coils.
3) We tested these between 12 and 16 volts (remember if your alternator is charging properly the input will be right around 14). We tested them between 200 and 16,000rpm. The stock coils started to misfire at a much lower rpm than the R8's with a stock spark plug gapped @ .032".
4) The spark was visibly brighter and more intense on the R8's when compared to the stock coils @ every rpm we compared in the stock rev range. We didn't compare anything under 1,000rpm.
5) We were able to open the gap on the plugs much further with the R8's than the stock plug with out misfiring at the same rpm/voltage.
6) Here is what we were finding as an AVERAGE on the secondary circuit for each of the coils.
Stock: 3.3 M ohms
5 cylinder coils: 4.75 M ohms
R8's: 5.31 M ohms
Okadas: 6.2 M ohms
We've been receiving plenty of questions regarding what spark plugs we run in our local customer cars as well as our in house MK6's. Here is the break down of what spark plugs we recommend along with the gap recommendation.
Stock (no software) as well as APR Stage 1 through Stage 2+:
PFR7S8EG Double Platinum (1675) (gapped at 0.032” from the factory): Click here to purchase
BKR7EIX Iridium (2667) (gapped at 0.032" from the factory): Click here to purchase
APR K04 and Stage 3 kits:
PFR7B Double Platinum (4853) (gapped at 0.028”):Click here to purchase
PFR7Q Double Platinum (7963) (gapped at 0.032 from the factory, re-gap to 0.028”):Click here to purchase
APR Stage 3+
BKR8EIX Iridium (2668) (gapped at 0.032 from the factory, re-gap to 0.028”): Click here to purchase
Feel free to all us at 216.577.7171 or shoot us an email at email@example.com if you have any questions.