GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I can't be the only one that found this...

xtant3150

Ready to race!
So while I was using this site to setup my RCD-510 for line outputs (I'm using an Alpine 5 channel amp), I saw this link that talked about a hidden setup menu. While I don't have a navigation section in VCDS, I do have one that says radio. Under adaption channel 50 I set the value to 1 and I could get into this menu on my RCD.

While I was in there I found a "Sound Test Mode" menu. In there, lo and behold, there is a setting for Loudness and it was on!! I turned it off and on and it made a noticeable difference in bass boost. I think this could solve the too much bass at low volumes!! (don't get excited yet)

Now, this is were it may suck. The value of 1 that allows you into this menu stays until the CAN bus goes to sleep. And from what I can tell, I think the setting defaults back to 'on' after that (as it was back on when I went back in there the next day). Anyone have an idea on how to get this to stick? It really did make a difference on bass adjustments I have to make when I left the outputs higher. Of course, after setting it to low outputs, I have to turn the volume up more to be acceptable, so it didn't make as much of an impact then, but for those who are only using an amp for a sub with a LOC, this could be a huge advantage... I need to do some more testing to verify that it actually does default back to on, but on a quick glance it appeared to do so...

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Cool! Anything else in there worth fiddling with?

vwrabid

Ready to race!

quality_sound

hmm.......
I would be VERY interested in more info about this. I have a sneaking suspicion that if you code the RCD-510 for low level that the loudness gets turned off.