GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I need help!! please? How to make boot lid open automatically...

TSI688

Ready to race!
Good evening fellow golf lovers...I have been seeing videos of people making their boot lid opening automatically and I've been wondering if it is possible to make the boot lid of our mk6 open automatically like that. To have an idea of what I'm asking for help for can be seen in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv9Y_ZgZxr4

what do you guys think? will it be possible for me to do this on my mk6? pleeeaaaassssseeee...I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me!! Thanks in advance. :)

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
There was a guy that posted before saying that it was not worth it because it actually caused damage to his hatch...whether or not it was user error is another story...I'll try to find the thread real quick.

Found it: http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4262

Hope this helps

jjh

^ The big question is, did the person who had the problem rotate the strut plate, i doubt it. There are several german forums that detail all the problems associated with this mod and their debate went on for weeks. The Skoda part detailed in the video I posted is a VAG produced part and the dimensions and spring rate are not overly loaded. Others had tried with other spring rates and lengths that load the hatch too much resulting in problems. Rotating the plate reduces the load. Personally, I have not read of any issue with the Skoda solution. If you are serious, do some research, after much time checking this out I'm confident enough to do it.

dstill

Ready to race!
^ The big question is, did the person who had the problem rotate the strut plate, i doubt it. There are several german forums that detail all the problems associated with this mod and their debate went on for weeks. The Skoda part detailed in the video I posted is a VAG produced part and the dimensions and spring rate are not overly loaded. Others had tried with other spring rates and lengths that load the hatch too much resulting in problems. Rotating the plate reduces the load. Personally, I have not read of any issue with the Skoda solution. If you are serious, do some research, after much time checking this out I'm confident enough to do it.

Yer, it was me who had the problem. I followed the guides on the Forum to the letter, rotating the bracket as well but it seems that the diameter of the strut is slightly too large.:yikes:

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has noticed the problem but it is real so beware, i'll try and post some pics.:confused:

jjh

please do post some pictures, I'm interested to learn from your experience.
thanks in advance