GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you had to choose something other than the GTI...?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Yeah B6 and B7 S4's are pretty much $10k-30k right now, most are around $20k.

Oil issues galore. I hear those engines arent very reliable. Although......amazing sound.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Oil issues galore. I hear those engines arent very reliable. Although......amazing sound.

I think it might be similar to the MK6 issues you read about here - yeah they exist but their frequency is perhaps overblown.

B7's have several updated components as well, most issues I've read about are B6's.

But it's still going to be a more expensive car to maintain than a GTI. No surprise there, it costs twice as much new.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I think it might be similar to the MK6 issues you read about here - yeah they exist but their frequency is perhaps overblown.

B7's have several updated components as well, most issues I've read about are B6's.

But it's still going to be a more expensive car to maintain than a GTI. No surprise there, it costs twice as much new.

Yeah, I'm afraid you're right. Forums tend to do that. :)

Drew113

Ready to race!
yeah thats the volvo i was talking about^^ i really like the styling of the newer ones

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
If i was willing to go used - Volvo V70R

If not... I really dont know.

Used it fine but I worry about certain luxury brands and reliability. Most Volvo products seem find but certain R-line models like the V70 R are supposed to have problems with angle gears and transmission issues that can be very costly.

I really like the new Accord but leftover 2012 models have such great incentives it will be hard to pass up.

used you can defintely find a 135i for just over 25k....i almost bought one instead of my GTI too

Still reliability concerns which is why I was more interested in cars known for fewer problems like a TSX or a new car with warranty like a Cruze + Trifeca tune for extra hp/tq.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I really like the new Accord but leftover 2012 models have such great incentives it will be hard to pass up.

Drive a new one. :D You wont want an older one.

Drew113

Ready to race!
haha yeah its the price that got you on that one...nowadays its pretty hard to find a nice sporty car for under 25k that doesn't have a million miles on it and that is reliable

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
Im going back to Toyota, maybe a Scion for you?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3.

Drew113

Ready to race!
why toyota???

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Slightly used A3 (just enough to come in at your $25k cutoff)
Slightly more used A4 Avant (just enough to come in at your $25k cutoff)
Somewhat used Merc C-class (just enough to come in at your $25k cutoff)
New Fiesta (seems like it would be fun/tossable)
New Dart might be interesting, spec'd the right way

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
What exactly are you looking for?

"Nice sporty car" means different things to everyone.

I don't think that anything FWD is particularly sporty, which eliminates almost all new cars under $25k. The few RWD cars at that price are not particularly nice, which means there are zero "nice sporty cars" under $25k new in my opinion.