GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm OCD with this car!

bshappy

Ready to race!
we take things for granted. if you had this same car in the 50's you would treat it like a supercar.

If i had a mk6 gti in 1950 a swarm of FBI agents would descend on my house where they would cart me off to some secret prison where I would be subjected to enhanced interrogation until I revealed the source of my must-be-aliens technology. Fact.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I've got kids. They know to respect the cars, and have even learned the right way to wash and love helping.

Mine too I just meant that you don't have nearly the same amount of free time with kiddies. When it's free time I usually have several things in front of washing the car on that list.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Mine too I just meant that you don't have nearly the same amount of free time with kiddies. When it's free time I usually have several things in front of washing the car on that list.

True. Time is limited. I usually end up doing it when they are at school.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Theres nothing wrong with being a little OCD. After staying that way for a year or two you will notice your car still looks about the same while others are starting to get scratched and beat up in general. I had my G35 for 4 years and when I got rid of it it basically still looked the same as it did when I bought it. Engine bay clean, interior and carpet, paint still looked good from waxing. Its just either in you or not.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
My solution and I dont know if anyone will chime in on this or not. I just take a drive to walmart or anywhere random where my engine heats up. Then go back to the house. I then open the hood and spray some mean green on it and then close the hood and let it sit for about 15 mins. The heat off the engine will steam and with the mean green it just washes stuff right off. After sitting for about 15 mins I rinse the mean green off and wait for it to dry. I then wipe everything down with interior cleaner I have and it looks new everytime. Did this on my last car I had for 4 years and it never hurt anything, never discolored anything, and it still looked new when I traded it in.

Mantooth

Ready to race!
link for engine bay cleaning solution? Always worried about what to use for this...

I use this stuff. One can per wash and it does a real nice job.

That being said, I haven't used it on the MK6 just yet because it hasn't needed it, but on all my other cars with many, many more miles it worked wonders.

mosz05

i have a 5 month old girl and she keeps me busy, since i bought my mk6 gti last october i only waxed the car once last week, i used to take good care of my mk3 jetta, but now family comes first

darkxghost

Ready to race!
Don't get TOO ocd with your car now, or you will have a mental break down upon seeing an inevitable rock chip, scratch, interior scratch, scuffs, etc. Washing/ interior cleaning bi-weekly, waxing once a month, and doing a full detail every 6 months is more than enough to keep your car looking amazing.

I personally just wash bi-weekly and full detail every 3-4 months and my black 2007 civic si's paint/ interior as good as the new cars.