GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Iphone 4S Siri and RNS 510

ataman

Ready to race!
Is there way to activate Siri using the buttons on the steering wheel or any other button?

ataman

Ready to race!
Is there way to activate the good old voice control?

ataman

Ready to race!
How do you activate voice control? I mean from the steering wheel or on RNS? I can use it by pressing the home button on the phone but i am looking for a way to activate some other way using the steering wheel etc.

ataman

Ready to race!
yes that one activates the voice control of the bluetooth module in the vehicle, not the voice control of the iPhone. I know that one.

Thanks anyways.

poissonish

What about activating it via the Home button, but using the mic in the car to control? I don't believe this works with the old Voice Control system.

Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the RNS, or iOS?

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
What about activating it via the Home button, but using the mic in the car to control? I don't believe this works with the old Voice Control system.

Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the RNS, or iOS?

I think it requires a patch from Apple to give you the option to disable Siri from running over bluetooth so that cars with voice rec don't get confused as to what (who?) you're talking to.

poissonish

I just want the Mic in the car to act like any bluetooth headset Mic does, but with the GTI it seems to only work for calls, and nothing else.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Which version of the RNS 510 do you have? The unit does the bluetooth in the unit. If you have the Rev-E it will alloy you to also control music playback, etc, but you have to wire the mic to the back of the head unit and then from the head unit to the bluetooth module.

Go here http://www.my-gti.com/1234 and use option 2.