GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ipod Static

goat81can

So I just bought my car about a month or so ago. Its amazing except for the issues i have been having with the radio. I have two different issues; one the drivers side lower speaker has bad vibration when ever there is any kind of bass. This issue was actually dealt with at the dealership. Apparently its a loose piece of foam in the door. So that is fine. But the main problem is the fact that when I use my ipod there is an annoying amount of static in the background of the music. The dealership told me it was due to the quality of the music download. This struck me as kind of odd, since 95 percent of the music I downloaded was strait from iTunes. It mainly happens with any music that has guitars, basically any rock music. Plus I have tried it with my wife's Ipod and it does the same thing. Oh and i have the touch screen radio with the dynaudio upgrade.

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue? If so, what have you, or your technician done about it?

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
Listen to your iPod via Bluetooth much crisper sound. The iPod cable/ integration is the worst I have ever experienced in a car. Mine won't show the menu of artist and genres

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
well my problem is not the same but after using my ipods EQ in bass reducer mode when in my car it kinda helped!

goat81can

It worked! Just messed with the AUX input settings and it works fine now. Once again the dealership fails me, and either I figure it out myself or get some great help from people on a great forum...

Stein357

Ready to race!
You just have to turn the AUX input volume to low. Sounds like you figured it out but it's not clear in the thread.

rigti9

Ready to race!
Glad you got it workin... another suggestion is to be careful of your volume on both the iPod itself and the stereo. If the iPod is too loud, that can sometimes be an issue, and vice versa with the iPod too low and stereo too high. Just some more insight

TDI110

O_o
Glad you got it workin... another suggestion is to be careful of your volume on both the iPod itself and the stereo. If the iPod is too loud, that can sometimes be an issue, and vice versa with the iPod too low and stereo too high. Just some more insight

I know that was the issue with the AUX-IN adapter. I normally put my touch volume on full (well full as defined by my loudness settings) and I just adjusted the radio volume. Does the Media-in cable have that issue with device volume vs. radio volume?