GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is this quote high or about right?

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
I'm trying to replace my control arms and motor/trans mounts. I've secured all the hardware necessary as well as the mounts and LCAs with bushings already pressed, so you just bolt them suckers right up. I didn't wanna fuss with pulling apart most of the engine bay and all that, so I got a quote from a local shop for $700 to tackle the install. Does that seem high or about average?
I've never done the job, but it didn't look too incredibly involved. I would've been good to go on the spot for around $400.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
$300 if that. motor mount takes 20 minutes even if you're a mechanical noob and if you're pulling the trans mount that makes the LCAs even quicker on a DSG car. sounds like some flat rate book pricing bullshit.

edit: realized this is mk6 forum, idk if that applies but guessing you're getting the fuck-you pricing either way

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Yeah I figured as much. It's a mobile mechanic, gonna call a few others around here but being in Broward, we don't exactly have access to great shops anymore. You either go deep as fuck into miami, or go to USP or velocity factor where your car sits for days waiting to be looked at, and they definitely don't come cheap.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
That sounds like pricing from a guy who really doesn't want the job. Most importantly you want the job done by someone who knows these cars & what the heck he is doing. Cheap work can turn expensive in short order. Good luck.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
I've found often times if you bring parts to the mechanic, pricing goes up.

It seems they dont really want to deal with people who get their own parts together - and price accordingly.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I've found often times if you bring parts to the mechanic, pricing goes up.

It seems they dont really want to deal with people who get their own parts together - and price accordingly.
it really depends on the shop... MOST shops do that... price goes up when you bring the parts in, some shops don't even install parts you bring in, I had a shop I know of make a PSA on Instagram.

my old mechanic would do this (non-VW/Audi), until I found a VW/Audi specialized shop.... he has been giving me good rates. I don't even shop around anymore. I just go to him and his team. Solid work.