GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I've jumped to the dark side

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Awesome Mark!! I just watchd the Jalopnik/Torchinsky/Humble Mechani/DAP video last week. Must be a satisfying feeling!!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Yup great feeling! Pretty much everything they showed i had, the lower chain cover hard wear marks where the chain made contact, I just reformed hat i could and replaced the chain with the new design.

Been a couple of weeks and the wife is happy so i'm in a good place. Friday we are officilly out of our house in Markham having the Tiguan has helped move a lot of our stuff to storage locks in Collingood, I have over 600 km on the clock since the rebuild.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the new place and good luck with the move Mark. Collingwood is gorgeous. Some great driving areas up there.

Good to hear everything with the tiggy is good.....and happy wife as they say....

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
It's been a few months now and over 15k km since the rebuild, wid no issues, ...so yes, I'm open to getting another vehicle with an EA888 but with a newer version.

Cheers

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
It's been a few months now and over 15k km since the rebuild, wid no issues, ...so yes, I'm open to getting another vehicle with an EA888 but with a newer version.

Cheers
Awesome news Mark. I upgraded to the MLUE intake;) for a change and it's been fun with a deeper growl on the induction side!! I've been driving a ton recently as well...just hit 224k and the car is still fierce!!!

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Yup great feeling! Pretty much everything they showed i had, the lower chain cover hard wear marks where the chain made contact, I just reformed hat i could and replaced the chain with the new design.

Been a couple of weeks and the wife is happy so i'm in a good place. Friday we are officilly out of our house in Markham having the Tiguan has helped move a lot of our stuff to storage locks in Collingood, I have over 600 km on the clock since the rebuild.
Man had I known/remembered you lived in Markham would have offered to help!

My mechanic did the wife's Tiggy (no explosions) timing chain and cam cover gasket

Good luck in Collingwood!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Awesome news Mark. I upgraded to the MLUE intake;) for a change and it's been fun with a deeper growl on the induction side!! I've been driving a ton recently as well...just hit 224k and the car is still fierce!!!
Enjoy!!!

Man had I known/remembered you lived in Markham would have offered to help!

My mechanic did the wife's Tiggy (no explosions) timing chain and cam cover gasket

Good luck in Collingwood!
Thanks for the offer and the well wishes!

Last edited:

Ash17

Passed Driver's Ed
VW 2.0 TSI Exhaust Cam Washer and Bolt Important Info - KNOW WHICH BOLT YOU GOT FIRST, M6 T30 or M8 Triple Square and use some Loctite as well; as the rotation of the cam is in the direction to loosen the Bolt, if it is not secured. This is probably why VW/Audi upgraded to the larger M8 Triple Square Bolt, so they could tighten it more securely.

M6 T30 Bolt Torque to 8 Nm plus 90 degrees additional. Use new bolt.

M8 Triple Square Bolt Torque to 20 Nm plus 90 degrees additional. Use new bolt.

Click on the link below to see more info
I've been looking everywhere to figure out which bolt to order. Shopdap.com in their cam bridge section only has 2 different M6 T30 bolts listed, one of them is 16mm long and the other is 50mm long. It looks like the 50mm one is just the standard 6 that go into the cam bridge but where do I find the one time use bolt that goes into the exhaust shaft?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry its been several months I don't remember the length, call the dealer. Make sure you torque it correctly and use a bit of lock-tite

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Update; Over 38k km since the rebuild and still going good, including gas milage and low oil consumption. We just over 160K km (100k miles) mark now, so I changed out the spark plugs wid some NGKs. I'm leaving the Audi Red Top Coil Packs in to see how long they will go, if they show any signs I have 5 coil packs from the Golf 2.5 that i can choose 4 from, no worries there, I don't think the 2.5 even stresses the old coil packs.

The only thing to NOTE, we've been running Castrol 5W40 since the rebuild, BUT in December I got some Castrol 0W40 European Blend and VW Approved written on the bottle. This almighty goat piss is supposed to be the best oil Castrol makes for the 2.0 TSI engines; well wouldn't you know it, as soon as we started using it we started getting flashing oil waring lights with peeps then driving in traffic at 40km (25 mph) and right at 1500 rpm as the engine idles down, under light acceleration all is good, oil fill level was good and proper, highway driving was good with no issues. After a few days, i couldnt stand it anymore I drained the Castrol 0W40 oil out and replaced it with Castrol 5W40 (left the still "new" oil filter in) and the peeping and flashing oil warning lights was no more. I guess whatever additive Castrol puts in the oil to make it a 0W40 motor oil does not work on our 2.0TSI engine.

I just changed the oil again at the begining of March and everything still good! (y)

Cheers!

PS. Year round we use Castrol 5W40 motor oil in the 2.0TSI Engine in the Tiguan
Year round we use Castrol 5W30 motor oil in he Golf 2.5 engine

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
With all this knowledge on the 2.0 TSI, I helped a Neighbour replace/update the Timing chain Tensioner on his 2013 GTI, lucky guy had 144K km. on the old style chain tensioner. He is selling the car, so we just replaced the essential parts he bought, pretty easy one day job compared to replacing the entire Head and all the other parts.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Just clicked over 200k km yesterday.

I've been using Castrol Edge 5W40 but last oil change I switched to Castrol edge 5w50 and i'm going to stay with it going forward, unless the weather is below 5 defrees F or -15 degrees C. The early version of the 2.0 TSI has been pretty low oil consumption, burning less than a litre between oil changes. With Castrol 5W50 it hardly consumed any oil at all, ....maybe 300 ml WOW (y)

Last edited: