GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JT's "Project Autobahn"

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
very cool.. sway bars are nxt on my list. How are the Hotchkis bars, I think the make the bars for APR so probably identical to them. How does the Neuspeed mount work for them?

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Interesting how your car was 24" ftg stock. Seems like all other GTI's i've read about check in at 26" FTG, then around 25-25.5" FTG after dg springs.

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Funny you should mention it, I ran into somone from the forum here at the shop before I actually got them installed and he thought I already had them on. Well at any rate I'm happy with how it sits and more happy with how it rides.:cool:

So after the DG springs, you're now sitting around 23"+ FTG?

ruan9n

Ready to race!
I really like your suspension mods. Did the swaybars make a huge difference? I'm thinking of adding a rear one to my car for now.

SomethingNew

Car looks nice, and you have some nice mods. One thing though, how are you 23" FTG and have 2+ fingers of wheel gap? I'm 24" FTG and have just about zero wheel gap at all. There's no way DG springs got you to 23" FTG... Only way you're going to be 23" ftg is on coils or bags.

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
I'll have to double check it later, But yeah that's what it looks like.

BTW you going to make it to the meet this sunday, Gonna have a much better turnout this time:thumbsup:

I should be in Oakland this weekend, so put me down for maybe. Only thing barring me from being able to commit for sure is recent family stuff I have to tend to.

Thanks for the invite as always! :thumbup:

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Ok boys & girls I don't know how the tech measured the FTG, But I got 25.25 in the front and 25.50 in the back. But no matter how you slice it I'm still happy with it and wouldn't go any lower.:w00t:

that makes a lot more sense. Who installed them for you?

SomethingNew

Yeah -- those FTG seem a lot more accurate. I just didn't want other people to come in and see those measurements and then be disappointed if they went and bought DG springs thinking that what it would be like. Or, to skip DG springs all together thinking they'd drop too low. DG springs are great for a lot of people.

On a side note - How much stiffer did you think the ride got once you installed the sway bars?(If any) I'm thinking about getting sway bars at some point, but I'm afraid the ride will be way too rough with my coilovers.

Peezza

Ready to race!
Why are you planning on getting custom catback from borla?
Ive been wanting a borla but used ones are taken so fast and can't afford new one. And i am considering custom catback, suitcase delete.
I look forward to see your car this Sunday!