GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just bought RNS 510 need help and advice..

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
I just bought this version of the RNS 510 after doing alot of research on here about upgrading. I saw this on ebay and jumped on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281215627779?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I currently have a 2011 gti with AN OEM RCD 510. I do have a few unanswered questions though:

-i have not physically checked but do i have the external bluetooth under the pass. seat for my model year gti? do i have to do anything else to enable bluetooth capabilities for my phone after install the RNS 510?

-i know i have to disable the compass when i install and install a gps antenna for the new unit. do i need any other wires or harnesses to hook this up to my car?

-i currently have sirius xm radio with the RCD unit, will i have a prob with getting satellite radio working when i install the RNS?

-will my mdi, steering wheel controls and all voice commands work after i VAGCOM? DO I HAVE TO VAGCOM FOR IT TO WORK?

-what is different about this "E" version of the RNS 510 from the latest versions?

-does anyone know who specializes in VAGCOM work and radio installation in NYC / NJ AREA??

I have seen the installation videos and it looks fairly straightforward but i rather have a professional install and VAGCOM at the same time.

-AM I MISSING ANYTHING WITH REGARDS TO THE INSTALL?

GUYS I AM BRAND NEW TO VW AND THE GTI AND TRYING TO LEARN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE HELP A NOOB OUT.

Last edited:

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
There are a lot of threads on radio upgrades to RNS-510...do some research.

i know it has been covered i am asking for some specific advice and if any one knows where i can go to have this work done.

thanks for your input.. it has been quite helpful.. i guess all the stuff i wrote about i just knew with out researching at ALL.. thanks tho..:thumbsup: