GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just ordered some summer rubber

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Nitto NT05's (i previously had Hankook v12's)
$640 shipped to my door

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Michelin PSSs showed up today! I've never had a real set of summer tires before. Reading a little bit online, it sounds like I'll have to break them in.

About how many miles do you break your tires in for? I'm guessing breaking these in just means gentle driving? I'm probably going to wait a couple of weeks to put them on - weather keeps switching from spring temps to winter temps, so no point in putting them on just yet.

I always give em a week or two before I judge grip and road noise, but you'll be so impressed with those tires from the getgo that I doubt you'll be able to tell much of a difference between before wear-in and afterward.

As for taking it easy on them at the beginning? Nonsense, poopypants. Drive like Racekör.

fender177

Ready to race!
As for taking it easy on them at the beginning? Nonsense, poopypants. Drive like Racekör.

Sounds good! After all, I read it on the internet, it has to be true!

... I hear that I'll be able to take on veyrons and ferraris now! Cool! Don't even need the K04 mod.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion

... I hear that I'll be able to take on veyrons and ferraris now! Cool! Don't even need the K04 mod.

bahahahaha

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!

I mean, since the PSS's come stock on Ferrari's, you should easily be able to keep up with an F430 or a 458 Italia. Only makes sense.

fender177

Ready to race!
I just got my Michelin PSS put on my car. Holy crap! I'm amazed at how nice they are! They are my first summer tire I've ever owned, so I've never experienced what a difference a great summer tire can make. Handling is top notch, smoothness is amazing, comfort is insanely good (not what I was expecting from a performance tire), and the road noise is way better than my pirellis. I had a little fun with them last night and was grinning ear to ear! Hell, my fiancé was even egging me on to go faster around some twisties!

Last edited:

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Conti summers that came on the car.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i'm thinking about getting the extreme contact dws. i'd love something like the nt05s but i need something that will get me thru the midwest storms.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Great Prices on Super Sports! They are Excellent Tires!

I currently run Hankook V12s. I love them. I purchased (4) 225/35/19s for $640 shipped... I planned on getting a set for my Wife's CC, but for a little more I can get some Michelin Super Sports. Plus her car has 17" wheels :):D

dwagner88

Ready to race!
My stock Pirellis lasted about 8000 :)

So far, put about 6000 on my PSS and they are fine...

Stupid FL roads... too many stoplights and little turns. It's like a drag strip at every light.

How did you manage that? Burnouts at every light? I live around some pretty epic driving roads and I still managed to get 37K out of the stock Pirellis. Through an insurance debacle, I was forced into a new set of OEM Pirellis last year. Judging by the current wear, they won't last another 37k. I'll probably go for a set of conti DW's once these are worn out, unless someone can convince me that the PSS are worth the extra money. I don't really need all seasons in my neck of the woods.