GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 to IS38 conversion

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't seem to find any info on this. Has anyone done it? Seems like a good option to try before going with an aftermarket turbo. I'd appreciate any links to additional info or kits if there are any. :thumbup:

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
Heard of it done but different attachments i believe +1 on this im curious if theres kits?

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
You'd need a full hardware kit with new intake, manifold, downpipe, outlet pipe, and new oil/coolant lines since the Mk7 is completely different. For the effort and cost involved, just get a big turbo.

Last edited:

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
You'd need a full hardware kit with new intake, manifold, downpipe, outlet pipe, and new oil/coolant lines since the Mk7 is completely different. For the effort and cost involved, just get a big turbo.

Oh ok, I just figured it might be a good less expensive option but I guess not. From what I’ve been reading it seems like the is38 is a stronger turbo and capable of taking more boost. Ultimately my fear with the big turbo setup is that I will sacrifice low end torque but I suppose it comes down to the tune at the end of the day... :iono: Any advice on a setup that will spool up quicker and good for 350-400whp?

40Roller

K04》IS38 so why would you want to so that?

Just get a GTX upgrade and you"ll be killing it...