GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KimBlade Windshield Wipers

Brooklyn

Passed Driver's Ed
Gonna start this with the phrase “ I dont normally write reviews or share products but...”

Got these blades on Kickstarter for my Mk7. See pics below. Easy 5 minute install. The instruction book actually make it seem complicated. But it really isn’t once you figure out that the adapter for these blades needs to have the plastic insert inside of it removed in order to be able to attach the adapter to the blades. So far, so good. Quiet. Streak-free. Should rain here for next two days. If I don’t update this post then it means they worked fine.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1223610543/kimblade-your-average-windshield-wiper-re-invented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooklyn

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess. I don’t know much about blades. It is a new startup. They’ll soon start making rear wiper blades too. That would be cool because I think oem rear wiper blade sucks. At least mine does.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Let us know how they work after a year. I have 3 years on the original blades. I use Rain-X 2-in-1 to clean the glass, and the blades still work fine.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
the GTI has a feature to stop the thing they described where the insert gets bent over. That's why the blades jump up when you turn the car off and go down when you turn it on, to have the insert bent the opposite way most of the time.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
’Apply new water repellent by running the wipers on a dry windshield for 5 minutes’

No way in hell.

cb1111

They might try spelling the name of the competition if they are use them as the comparison.

I wonder how these hold up at higher speeds.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Just wash and clay bar your windshield, then use some sort of sealant like Aquapel/Rain-X. OEM wipers will do just fine.

Brooklyn

Passed Driver's Ed
Let us know how they work after a year. I have 3 years on the original blades. I use Rain-X 2-in-1 to clean the glass, and the blades still work fine.

My oems were 3 years old also and not performing well. Decided to give these a try.