GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Knocking noise with koni coils

mk6gti!

Passed Driver's Ed
Sup guys. I just got koni coils put on and I got a noise in the passenger rear. It's a knocking noise at low speeds. I raised my car up and checked it out

This part is loose, I can wiggle it with my hand on the spring. I'm a noob to suspension. What's the fix? Also should I be able to rotate the rear spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Make sure the spring is "locked" into the lower control arm
(you need to spin it into the rubber stop that is attached to the LCA)

Also check the upper shock mount bolts, to make sure they're tight

mk6gti!

Passed Driver's Ed
I rotated the spring and the noise seems to be gone. I shouldn't worry about the spring part being able to move a bit?

Where are upper shock mount bolts? Sry I had this installed at a shop. I'm clueless on suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcfaddenmkvi

Ready to race!
could always have the shop look over it. With new parts, its always good to go back a day or two later and re tighten everything. They tend to loosen themselves up some from time to time.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I rotated the spring and the noise seems to be gone. I shouldn't worry about the spring part being able to move a bit?

Where are upper shock mount bolts? Sry I had this installed at a shop. I'm clueless on suspension

It should be able to move/jiggle just a LITTLE in the lower control arm, but not much

Upper shock mount bolts (x2 of them):