GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KO4 Whistle Tried almost everything Help

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I'm the one AllchokedUp is referring to. My leak was either a pinhole leak in my passenger side IC hose for my fmic or leak from where the hoses are clamped to the IC. or both

Currently I have to reset those clamps every few months to stop a whistling noise, due to lack of proper beading on ARM fmic ic ends. But the extremely loud whistling/harmonica noise I was experiencing from 2k-4.5k rpm went away when I replaced the hoses. It was very loud and pronounced whistle, could not accelerate without hearing it.... most annoying car noise I've experienced.

Like others said... leak test and datalogs. Monitor your fuel trims that'll tell you easily if something is off.

Last edited:

vermontmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
You're the first person I've heard talk about the noise in a specific rpm range, that is goes away. I passed low-pressure leak test and am waiting on new tune after installing 3-bar MAP sensor which for some reason throws me into limp mode if I get into any boost at all. Probably due to different voltages? Maybe I'll make a high-pressure tester like Tony48 did and in the meantime check hoses. I did install a larger k04-specific Turbo outlet pipe from Neuspeed. Mechanic said that was an ugly tight fit, will check that as well.