GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni STR.T Orange Reviews?

mamock116

Ready to race!
I have had the oranges paired with Neuspeed springs for over 50k miles. I have not had any issues with them. No bounce and they handle great.

care33

i try stock, fsd(not GTI version), str.t, and bill B8(MKVI) on eibach pro. FSD is not a sport shocks is too soft for handle stiffer spring, str.t is a little stifer than stock, better but not perfect match for eibach, B8 is perfect damped for eibach spring and the ride is stiffer but overall better than str.t
If i buy again i go for bilstein or maybe koni yellow

Last edited:

eherma

Hate to revive an old thread... How did the Koni STR/T shocks treat everyone? Did they hold up?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Hate to revive an old thread... How did the Koni STR/T shocks treat everyone? Did they hold up?
I have Koni Sports, which I believe are basically the same as STR/Ts other than being adjustable. I have about 30k miles, multiple track days, and a lot of mountain runs and they’re holding up great. STR/Ts should be a solid stock replacement.

eherma

I have Koni Sports, which I believe are basically the same as STR/Ts other than being adjustable. I have about 30k miles, multiple track days, and a lot of mountain runs and they’re holding up great. STR/Ts should be a solid stock replacement.
Awesome, thank you for your response! I have seen people saying the STR.Ts are more prone to rust and corrosion.. if that is the only problem I don't see why that can't be solved with a good layer of clear coat lol.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Awesome, thank you for your response! I have seen people saying the STR.Ts are more prone to rust and corrosion.. if that is the only problem I don't see why that can't be solved with a good layer of clear coat lol.
I wish I could comment on that, but my Konis have never seen snow, ice, or salt. Still, for the money I wouldn't be put off by that, it's easy enough to deal with.