69.5 KB · Views: 2,635
  • launch control 37-06-06.pdf
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,841

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Thread of the year! :bow:

And now for the $64,000 question: will this work for our MY2006 GTIs?

And, if so, how do we convince our service advisors to do it for us?

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
well it does say 2007 and newer right at the top, so i'm gonna venture and say no...

That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work for 2006 models. It might (and most probably) just means VWoA doesn't want to apply the TSB to 2006 models; most likely for cost reasons.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work for 2006 models. It might (and most probably) just means VWoA doesn't want to apply the TSB to 2006 models; most likely for cost reasons.

true, but vwoa might refuse to do the work on a 2006 model because of the documentation. i would assume you could get it done on your own, but then your paying out of pocket as well...

yay for having launch control, its called a clutch pedal :tongue:

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
its only a matter of time before some aftermarket launch control comes out.. and its going to be expensive...sadly.....

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
true, but vwoa might refuse to do the work on a 2006 model because of the documentation. i would assume you could get it done on your own, but then your paying out of pocket as well...

yay for having launch control, its called a clutch pedal :tongue:

There's been an "unconfirmed report" that someone on Vortex has had their '06 GTI flashed and Launch Control is working like a charm. I guess I can try and have my GTI flashed at the dealer. Plan B: have it flashed at a friend's VW/Audi shop. One way or another, I'm getting flashed :cool:

yay for getting [DSG] launch control, it's called two automated clutches and shifting faster than you :tongue:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
one day people will forget what the manual trasmission was ...

people were saying that when automatics first became mainstream 60 years ago :thumbup:

but back on topic, if that can work for an 06 model...that's awesome! if i lived in the city and commuted in traffic all the time i would have definitely considered the DSG

GTeye

Ready to race!
So how do I get it activated on my 07 GTI? Should I take it where I bought it from, would they do it for free?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
So how do I get it activated on my 07 GTI? Should I take it where I bought it from, would they do it for free?

there's a claim code on there, which means that vwoa will pay them for it. that means that they shouldn't charge you for it, since they're already getting paid, but that doesn't mean they won't try to.

Double0SevenGti

HOOD RICH
Car(s)
007 GTI Parts Car
There's been an "unconfirmed report" that someone on Vortex has had their '06 GTI flashed and Launch Control is working like a charm. I guess I can try and have my GTI flashed at the dealer. Plan B: have it flashed at a friend's VW/Audi shop. One way or another, I'm getting flashed :cool:

yay for getting [DSG] launch control, it's called two automated clutches and shifting faster than you :tongue:

the guy with the 06 GLI flashed his ECU...... He said it feels like the DSG shifts faster. He NEVER obtained Launch Control from the re-flash.

I have an appointment on Tues for the reflash. :thumbsup:

GTeye

Ready to race!
there's a claim code on there, which means that vwoa will pay them for it. that means that they shouldn't charge you for it, since they're already getting paid, but that doesn't mean they won't try to.

Aha so technically its free and if they try to charge me should I just tell them that "vwoa already paid you for it what do you need from me?"

GTeye

Ready to race!
the guy with the 06 GLI flashed his ECU...... He said it feels like the DSG shifts faster. He NEVER obtained Launch Control from the re-flash.

I have an appointment on Tues for the reflash. :thumbsup:

Taking it to a VW dealership or a garage? and are you paying?