GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

looking into leasing a 2011 gti

vald1990

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey whats up everyone, I fresh newbie to the GTI world, when the mk6 came out for 2010 I have been drooling ever since and I am finally looking to get one.

so far I have gone to one dealership in my area, I am looking to lease, with that said I would just like your thoughts on the numbers this particular dealer discussed with me, and if it is a good deal or not.

2011 GTI base model - dealer priced it at $24,895

$0 down(sign and drive)
36 month lease/ 10k per year

the best this dealer would go is $370 a month, now I am ignorant to what good prices are for GTI's but my current lease for my Audi a4 which is up next month is $402 a month..and its fully loaded(leather seats, sunroof, nav, bluetooth)

why do I feel like good base model GTI price should be around the $330 range give or take $10 a month.

let me know, I absolutely love German built cars and the GTI seems to be an amazing car, help me me out so I can own one too!

BigBenn

im not sure about leasing, but i got a loan threw vw on a 2011 golf 2.5L. and i got the sign and drive $0 down, and my payments are $450 a month for 66 months fixed 3.9% apr. price all said and done after tax and lic. and my 8yr 120k mile warranty plus 3m clear bra is $26k. then you can mod :thumbup: if your into that.

personally dont like leasing cars ;)

BUT i have been seeing stuff on the tv about the jetta being like $199 a month with $1500 due at signing. are you putting cash down (or trade in) cuz that would be a factor on monthly payments

if i would have put even a G down for my car it would have lowered my monthly payments.

BigBenn

$279.00*/Month. 36-month lease. $1,999.00 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees.)

Lease a 2011 GTI 2-Door with manual transmission for $279.00* a month. 36-month lease, $1,999.00 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees.). See your local VW dealer for this limited time offer or for one of many other great lease deals available on GTI models. More about the GTI.

this is str8 from vw.com

vald1990

Passed Driver's Ed
$279.00*/Month. 36-month lease. $1,999.00 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees.)

Lease a 2011 GTI 2-Door with manual transmission for $279.00* a month. 36-month lease, $1,999.00 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees.). See your local VW dealer for this limited time offer or for one of many other great lease deals available on GTI models. More about the GTI.

this is str8 from vw.com

Yeah i asked him about that, he said something along the lines of its 2,000 due at signing and with taxes and dealer fees it ends up being 4,000 down in order to get payments to $279 a month

i did find this car which im seriously looking into financing even though I really dislike financing

this is a 2010 gti with 3.5k miles on it with what looks like autobahn package(leather seats/sunroof/touch screen/ nav) for just 21k

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/vo...pe=used&model=gti&make=volkswagen&distance=30

BigBenn

that looks like a good ass deal, i would do that. my std golf was 20,060 before tax and shit (blue tooth and destination charge).

that sux that there adds for $XXX amount per month and what not its kinda a hoax... :thumbdown: to friggin tax

Civilized_Hatch

Ready to race!
damn you Americans! :p

I'll be picking up my GTI within the next couple of weeks and it's about $550/month for a 4 year lease, ZERO down... and it's just a 4door manual with leather/roof

AdvanSuper

Banned
why do I feel like good base model GTI price should be around the $330 range give or take $10 a month.

Because it should be. Mine is $330 a month then $10 taxes it comes to $340 a month sign and drive with 15k miles for 36 months I didn't pay anything up front. Depending on residuals as well the price fluctuates, but $370 a month is very high for 10k a year.

What part of NY are you located in? Tell them X dealer gave you this quote, but this place is closer blah blah blah.

Let's use figures from a month or so ago with their residuals and money factor...

Residual was at 55% money factor was at .00081. For the car priced @ $24,895 w/ a 3 year lease with 0 down is $342.45 before taxes now you throw down $2k and it's $285.27. This is done with a leasing calculator with the numbers all punched in.

Now every car manufacturers residuals and money factors change every month so one month you might get a good deal and the other you could get a shitty deal, but $370 a month is A LOT IMO.

D

Deleted member 103021

You guys are crazy.

My Golf is (I think) $179/month for 3 years and we had a VW Loyalty Coupon for $2000 that covered the money down. (and I have bluetooth, too!)

:)

vald1990

Passed Driver's Ed
I live on long island(NY) Nassau county if you've heard of it, i went to a dealer in NYC and got a $355 month 10k per year 36 month lease, i put a security deposit down to let them know im serious about if they go low ill get the car so im gunna let em sweat it out a day and call them and tell them i got a quote for $345 a month at a dealership down the road.

in all actuality the $355 payment is actually $345 because they will cover my last Audi payment of $420 and that saves me $11 a month over 3 years.

and if I decided to get into an another VW at the end of my lease im sure they would cover like the last two payments so that saves another like $900+

AdvanSuper

Banned
I'm from Nassau... I leased my MkV from Garden City VW when it was open and I got an MkV with sunroof and ipod connector car was $26k and change at the time I ended up paying taxes, titles and fees and had a payment of $350 a month w/ 12k a year. Right now with the MkVI you're getting less especially at a base model and the price is $2k less. That $345/355 is still high @ 10k miles a year IMHO.

vald1990

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm from Nassau... I leased my MkV from Garden City VW when it was open and I got an MkV with sunroof and ipod connector car was $26k and change at the time I ended up paying taxes, titles and fees and had a payment of $350 a month w/ 12k a year. Right now with the MkVI you're getting less especially at a base model and the price is $2k less. That $345/355 is still high @ 10k miles a year IMHO.

oo word, is everyone still meeting at the source mall? thats where i work actually.

oo and i signed the lease today, no money down 10k a year for $333 a month tax and everything included, they also paid for my last audi payment of 440

=]]] <333 im a VW OWNER SICKKK!!!

TooManyIDs

Check LeaseCompare.com they have the real numbers for you.

They will provide the money factors, residuals, and the acquisition fee, that VW provides to the dealers. That lets you determine how much your local dealer is marking up, and possibly find other dealers that aren't.