GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lou Maiuri's SPM FMIC, FX350, CTS K04 Review and Impressions Thread

Lou Maiuri

Banned
OK....the Magnaflow is 2.50, you would need to swell our reducer to fit.

yeah that's what I saw. i might go ahead with the weld job, I'm going to have the guys at Funktion check for exhaust leaks this weekend because there is no weld and I think I could be leaking or running rich. If I can move this magnaflow soon I'll go ahead and buy one of your units.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
Congrats Lou!

I might drive out to Funktion Auto while they are doing your FMIC install.

If anyone is in NOVA, check out Funktion Auto, it is true auto saloon. They have the best customer service, and techs that I trust to work on my personal car.
i missed the last one, so i'll definitely be there next time to get that killer downpipe!

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Don't quote me on it but the last time I checked I thought the upgrade fee was $300 for APR customers.

yep, $299 according to their site.

good luck with everything lou!

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Just got off the phone with RAI motorsports in Baltimore, MD. They quoted me 475 for the turbo swap.

I plan on getting my oil changed by the dealer free of charge (10k service) and then going straight to the k04 install.

After the install I'm going to NGP to get flashed to APR k04 software.

How's that for paying 1/2 the labor of what everyone charges for a k04 install?

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Just to make sure because Im new to this sort of stuff, the FX350 kit is here.
http://www.ringer-racing.com/product.sc?productId=347&categoryId=143
you purchased it and are planning on retaining the stock DMFW correct? Thats not a bad deal, only a bit more than the SB drop in.

yeah that is what I've been pointing at. No sense in getting a new flywheel and changing the whole pedal feel with a barely used OEM flywheel. The pressure plate and disc are the only two that are going in the car. With Mike's discount you can get an fx350 for 760. I think that is well worth it. .

@bigpun I'll be at Funktion at 10:00 AM tomorrow.

Thanks for the review, now I know who to call when i order my clutch.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Hey kern could you delete your post about the discount information? it seems a vendor on this forum complained to Clutch Masters about the discount for fear of losing business. Whoever it was obviously needs to take a course on ethics and a free market economy. Either way, thanks for your consideration.

PM me if you want the discount through Mike!