GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

making the EONON HU a little more OEM feeling

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys just wanted to share with you something i found out when installing my new Eonon Head unit which is the GA9353 version, to make it a little more OEM

i really didnt want to use the big ugly mic that came with the radio so i googled around and found that i can buy an adaptor so i can reuse my OEM bluetooth mic in the sunroof control area
I also didnt want to run a GPS antenna and have it somewhere visible or run it behind the HVAC vents as suggested so i bought another adapter that i found on Enfig so i can reuse my factory GPS antenna

the radio antenna adapter that comes with the Eonon units is also incorrect, you need to buy an amplified radio antenna adapter which i got from enfig also to have clear radio stations

GPS Antenna adapter - https://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_GAA_4_BLUE.html
Radio Antenna adapter - https://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_AAA_VWAUD5.html
Factory Mic Adaptor - https://avinusa.com/factory-bluetoo...2G-0wHfB342IiBTxVNSyiZ-kWlmtcd5KaqZYe1cG2vNdE

fbgmoney

Ready to race!
Thanks for sharing this info. Does the GPS antenna allow for the compass on the dash to work. This is pretty much my only beef with the Eonon HU.

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
no worries. unfortunately the compass is gone as soon as you unplug the factory radio, but the section in the cluster that displays your radio stations still works good. My GTI being a 2010 i hated that i couldn't change songs with the steering wheel controls when im using bluetooth music and that it wouldn't display what song was being listened to on the stock radio since i had the older bluetooth module all i could do was change the volume. so giving up the GPS wasn't an issue for me. I can also now use google maps straight from the radio and if i hotspot my phone to the radio i get traffic updates, so thats a plus for me.

its also nice having spotify built in and a couple other cool things. brings the car into the new decade lol

godnf8

Passed Driver's Ed
I really appreciate your post, going to do the GPS and MIC adapters as well, but curious about the radio antenna adapter

I also got the same quad core eonon unit ordered on prime day for $200. Can't tell you all the hoops I had to go through, took 3 units before I got one that worked and I had to do some shady crap to even make that happen, but finally got a working unit and have enjoyed it... Onto my reason for posting

I have the adapter that came with it for Radio and radio seems to be fine for me, did the adapter you receive just not fit or is it the same one in this image and have poor quality to your liking? I have to be honest, I don't listen to the radio much, but that's all my wife listens too who drives car often.

eononradioantennaadapter.PNG

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
I really appreciate your post, going to do the GPS and MIC adapters as well, but curious about the radio antenna adapter

I also got the same quad core eonon unit ordered on prime day for $200. Can't tell you all the hoops I had to go through, took 3 units before I got one that worked and I had to do some shady crap to even make that happen, but finally got a working unit and have enjoyed it... Onto my reason for posting

I have the adapter that came with it for Radio and radio seems to be fine for me, did the adapter you receive just not fit or is it the same one in this image and have poor quality to your liking? I have to be honest, I don't listen to the radio much, but that's all my wife listens too who drives car often.

View attachment 164746
Hey no problem. so for the radio antenna adapter, it does fit correctly onto my GTI but the problem is and i dont know if its specific to certain models of GTI's or what the case is but when i used the one Eonon provided i found that all my radio stations where static with no sound what so ever, my car is optioned with the Dynaudio package so im not sure if thats why the one eonon provided didnt work. After googling i found out that i needed an amplified antenna adapter, so it looks the exact same except it has a blue wire coming off of it that needs to be connected to the wire labeled "ANT." off of the harness that came with the Eonon unit. After ordering the new adapter and making the connection of the 2 blue wires, the radio function works great.

this is the antenna adapter i bought, note how it has a blue wire compared to the one you circled without the extra wire.
https://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_AAA_VWAUD5.html
question for you since you have the unit now, how good is your bluetooth calling? sometimes people can hear me perfectly fine and sometimes there is a lot of static apparently, i used the mic that came with it, i used my OEM mic and a spare mic i had from another radio and all the same results, sometimes its great sometimes not so much.

godnf8

Passed Driver's Ed
That's weird, I also have an autobahn edition with the dynaudio package and my radio seems fine. I'll play around with it tomorrow when I'm driving around to see if I can hear any static before I order the other adapters. Currently, I have the mic they provided with the little foam cover off and I have not had a problem, though I have had a problem with bluetooth pickup from time to time, hasn't really bothered me since I just hotspot my phone for internet and don't really use BT other than calls. Lately I have to say the calls aren't getting picked up which might have been something I did with phone, shrug, happy to use speaker button most days heh. I moonlight as a delivery driver in this car to make money for my car hobbies since wife hates it lol and I use Waze for directions using the mic to input addresses with rarely an issue with pickup unless it's a weird street name which I just point to the AI on waze/google side honestly. I've also had random issues where waze is searching for GPS so really interested to try out the OEM gps cable with adapter. Initially that was only if GTI was in the garage before pulling out, but have seen it from time to time on deliveries. I have the eonon gps wire tucked up behind the left driver side a pillar with the wifi antenna for connection to my phone hotspot. What year is your GTI? Mine is an '11. Is the OEM mic the green plug and GPS the blue?

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
mine is a 2010, yes you're correct OEM mic has a green plug and Blue for GPS. i actually ran my wifi dongle into the space above my air vents, once the radio is out, there are 2 screws and a couple clips holding the vent in place, i removed the vents and put it in the space between the dash and the air vent duct. i only did it like this because i saw a youtube video where they did that on a mk6 install. i would have ran my gps wire there too if i couldnt get an adapter

godnf8

Passed Driver's Ed
How do I get rid of the codes that show up in vag com? It reports errors about communication with factory gps and radio

godnf8

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting enough, I ordered the gps and mic adapter and finally put in. Initial tests (in garage) seem faster on GPS and the MIC adapter did NOT work. I pulled out the eonon provided mic and put in adapter but no luck. Funny thing is, when I left eonon mic disconnected and adapter disconnected (nothing plugged into mic port on eonon unit), the mic WORKED (factory oem mic). Pretty confused by this, but it seems to be working well lol

fbgmoney

Ready to race!
Interesting enough, I ordered the gps and mic adapter and finally put in. Initial tests (in garage) seem faster on GPS and the MIC adapter did NOT work. I pulled out the eonon provided mic and put in adapter but no luck. Funny thing is, when I left eonon mic disconnected and adapter disconnected (nothing plugged into mic port on eonon unit), the mic WORKED (factory oem mic). Pretty confused by this, but it seems to be working well lol
I think there's a built in MIC on the front of the HU?

godnf8

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe you're right, saw the little dot and Mic label last night messing around with the factory mic again, still not sure why that isn't working with adapter. At least the built-in mic seems to work better than the crappy external one they provided with head unit.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Old post but how would you even split off the OEM mic from the wire loom easily? From the adapter image, I don't see how it would link up since the OEM mic from the overhead panel is routed through the massive loom. The only other plugs I see behind my headunit are for sirius radio, nav, and AM/FM radio.