GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Massive change in linear throttle behavior after fresh HPFP install

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Been sitting on a new HPFP for my GTI for a while, as I knew the old one was getting to the end of its life span with some stutters on throttle delivery and a faint smell of fuel in the oil on every change. Put in a new pump, brass connector, and cam follower, and it's completely changed the feel of this car. Throttle delivery is so much more linear and smooth, it feels almost slower, less aggressive but it might just need to break in, but wow. I'm kind of surprised at how poorly my original pump was apparently performing. Hopefully the butt dyno feels better over time, but it's a nice steady climb to the higher RPMs.

My only question is for those who have done the job themselves, which brass fitting did you use?

I have a 2011 GTI, and I was told this one was the go to, but having chucked my old pump already, I can't pull the brass fitting off that and double check to make sure I got the right one.
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-fuel-pump-pressure-fitting-genuine-audi-vw-06e127065g

I saw there's others available that appear more "open" and not so much of a coned bung inserted into the pump end. Did I grab the wrong adapter and thus is affecting my performance?

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
I've done mine and used the exact same PN as you time when I was OEM.

The Cone is how it seals in the pump. That's seats into the pump and the hole mate up fine. Pretty much a JIC fitting on that end.