GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metro Detroit dealers

gooftroop69

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey im gonna be ordering a 2011 2dr. DSG in about 3 or 4 months and was wondering if anyone has any insight on dealers in my area. Ive already heard horror stories about Suburban in Farmington Hills, and ive had some preliminary talks with Ralph Thayer in Livonia. Any help would be awesome thanks

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I got my car from Suburban in Farmington Hills....

Do I recommend buying from Suburban in Farmington Hills? Not really. They were just able to get me the exact car I wanted at the price of Fox VW (which wouldn't of been the "exact" car I wanted)

Service department at Suburban in Farmington Hills has taken good care of me though (with my mods on my old car, 2009 GTI)

As for Thayer....they sell for invoice too if you're a member of MIVE (they're a sponsor on MIVE -- Michigan VW site).
I just don't know how it works when ordering a car though.

They have discounts on VW Parts thru MIVE, so that's where I get all my parts (discounted).

Go with Thayer!

Any more questions...let me know!

Last edited:

gooftroop69

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info what and how do i sign up for mive michigan vw i had a good chat with a sales guy at thayer and would like to steer him some business im just waitng for my P.O.S. lease on my pontiac to mature so i can get my hands on a GTI i want a 2 door black dsg not sure on options cause i dont know what pricing is gonna be on the 2011's

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Thanks for the info what and how do i sign up for mive michigan vw i had a good chat with a sales guy at thayer and would like to steer him some business im just waitng for my P.O.S. lease on my pontiac to mature so i can get my hands on a GTI i want a 2 door black dsg not sure on options cause i dont know what pricing is gonna be on the 2011's

www.michiganvw.org

Go to Thayer!

Last edited:

gooftroop69

Passed Driver's Ed
so whats the preferred path just work everybody against each other and will internet sales people give quotes in an email that you can use to barter with other dealers

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
so whats the preferred path just work everybody against each other and will internet sales people give quotes in an email that you can use to barter with other dealers

Like I said, the hard part is trying to negotiate on a car that isn't even available or physically there. You don't have the leverage in the situation...so I don't even know it's going to be possible :iono:

If they had the car on the lot....then there is incentive for them to negotiate/make a deal....you know what I mean?

Last edited:

jazz935

snobrdrdan...i'm getting ready to buy a gti. based on your recommendation i'm going to visit Thayer but how do I get "special" pricing from michiganvw.org? PM me or reply. Thanks!

Jacuzzi

Ready to race!
I would vouch for Howard Cooper VW in Ann Arbor. They also sell Porsche and Audi and treat everyone like gold, they don't care who you are. They are straight up too and service there is excellent. They have won many awards from the press in the area. You will not be disappointed...the only drawback is they move a lot of cars so unless you're ordering one they're gone as fast as they show up, but they'll try to get you anything you want.

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
I went through Ken Bourns at FOX and I had a great experience. Good luck with whomever you choose and most importantly, enjoy the GTI!