GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MFSW buttons stopped working

Andrew429

Ready to race!
So I searched around on the forum, only found one thread with like two replies, so this morning I got in my car and my steering wheel buttons were not working, also I have my car programmed so when I take out my key from the ignition my doors unlock, that didn't happen either, can this be related to the clock spring?

Andrew429

Ready to race!
They started to work again that day after it sat for a couple hours. I ran a auto scan on it and it said implausible data received from steering wheel control module, I saved and cleared the code, haven't had a problem since

Fela

Oh right okay, I had a similar issue to you last weekend I researched into it quite a lot, but it's down to two things. One it may be one of the fuses and the other which had happened to me is when programming a feature into the car using vagcom you may have accidentally changed something. I had to recode the whole steering wheel (it was that bad I couldn't even access long coding helper?)

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Isn't there a clock spring recall?

You should check with the dealer in this one, for me I would be more concerned if the air bag may not work if there was a problem.

Andrew429

Ready to race!
I did call the dealer, there is no clock spring recall for my GTI, but if it does happen again I'm going to take it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk