GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Microfiber Towel Group Buy

SixZeroFour

Ready to race!
I'll take 3 of the glass towels as well if you have a few leftover

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Yes. Their towels are similar to the Canadian Tire MF's in that they're decent but still prone to scratching and are not as absorbent as the ones in the group buy.

Hes kinda right. Its nearly impossible to scratch your car with one of those plush ones. They're really soft. Its also 10x easier to remove wax with.

I use the regular ones for cleaning wheels, windows, and the interior.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Ok, update! So the final order is 1 pack (10) Glass Towels, 1 pack (25) Super Plush, and 1 pack (50) Classic All Purpose. Plus, whatever assorted items other people wanted.

All the Glass and Super Plush towels have now been spoken for. However, I still have 20 of the Classic All-Purpose left - and I would like to have them pre-sold before ordering. I don't want another 20 towels sitting in my pile of towels... haha.

Also, quick note - I'm hoping that we don't get hit by border taxes when I pick them up, but we'll see what happens... so I might ask for the 12% to help cover the taxes if it does happen. Is that ok?

So, who wants more all-purpose towels?

SixZeroFour

Ready to race!
No worries about the duty if they do stop you. I think I am going to hold off on the microfibre detergent and wheel brush for now as I have found similar items locally, so all I need is the:

10 x Uber Super Plush @ $4.20
4 x Uber Classic @ $3.00
3 x Glass Towels @ $2.50

Thanks!

Edit: ... just noticed something. I was hoping to get 4 of the Original Uber Classics not the new all-purpose towels as they are different. Is that part of the other "assorted items"?

Last edited:

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Edit: ... just noticed something. I was hoping to get 4 of the Original Uber Classics not the new all-purpose towels as they are different. Is that part of the other "assorted items"?

The "Classic All-Purpose" I am referring to is this: http://www.detailersdomain.com/uber-microfibertowels-classicmicrofibertowelorange.aspx

I should just call it the Classic; sorry for the confusion!

Have you visited Ken @ Autowerkes Exclusive? He has a very good wheel brush for very cheap ($7 - http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com/products/Tires---Wheels/Laitner-Ergonomic-Wheel---Tire-Brush/index.html) and I've loved it ever since I got it. He has other styles as well, to do the barrels and behind the spokes.

He also has the MF detergent and various other items that you probably want for your car...

http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com/

SixZeroFour

Ready to race!
Thank you for that link! I've been searching for quite awhile now for a local seller of quality MF and never had any luck. How did you hear about these guys and why not go there? It looks like you are only saving a dollar or so per towel plus you dont have to deal with border lineups\gas\shipping.

I hate to do this but I think I will have to cancel my GB order. I would much rather support a local company and these guys are like 20 min from my house now because of the Golden Ears bridge.

Last edited:

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for that link! I've been searching for quite awhile now for a local seller of quality MF and never had any luck. How did you hear about these guys and why not go there? It looks like you are only saving a dollar or so per towel plus you dont have to deal with border lineups\gas\shipping.

I hate to do this but I think I will have to cancel my GB order. I would much rather support a local company and these guys are like 20 min from my house now because of the Golden Ears bridge.

I go there VERY often, Ken knows who I am and provides about 95% of my detailing supplies... :thumbsup: I get my wax, wheel cleaner, brushes, pads, various sprays, scents from him, and I've always referred local guys to him for their detailing needs.

It was just that I wanted to try different towels, and Detailer's Domain is also a forum sponsor, so supporting them is awesome too!