GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mini Cooper Countryman. GTI Wannabe?

coreypgh

Passed Driver's Ed
I wouldn't say so. Having a MINI S in the stable, I would say the standard Cooper S is closer to the GTI than this thing. This thing is rally car through and through. AWD, good ground clearance... it's going to be a great car for the North east. We are contemplating heavily trading in the S for one of the turbo countrymans. The four-bucket setup interior is really cool too.

That being said... handling, acceleration, passenger and cargo space... those are all probably really close the GTI.

It's a cool vehicle... for a crossover.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't say so. Having a MINI S in the stable, I would say the standard Cooper S is closer to the GTI than this thing. This thing is rally car through and through. AWD, good ground clearance... it's going to be a great car for the North east. We are contemplating heavily trading in the S for one of the turbo countrymans. The four-bucket setup interior is really cool too.

That being said... handling, acceleration, passenger and cargo space... those are all probably really close the GTI.

It's was just a title lol got someone to reply at least. If mini would produce a larger 4 banger I'd be very tempted to get one. But a lowered countryman awd turbo would look pretty BA.

coreypgh

Passed Driver's Ed
we were slightly intrigued by the clubman for it's roomier backseat, but all in all, the modest gains in space weren't justified by the price tag. The standard Coooper S was perfect for just the two of us and the dog.

It's her car, so it's her call... but I think she'll end up with the country man... it's just cool and different. it's going to sell like hotcakes around here though... going to be very successful. every mom driving a tahoe, yukon, explorer etc. is going to want one.

RIP335

Go Kart Champion

I agree, I just saw it in person last weekend at the LA autoshow and it really caught my wifes and I attention. She's looking to get it next year. :thumbsup:

Last edited: