GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfire/overboost help

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
So I was driving my car on the highway yesterday not aggresively. Started to shudder and engine light started flashing. Ok cool. Got home my laptop wont keep a charge to check VCDS (like I know how to even use it) my access port has codes for overboost and cyl 1 misfire. Found cylinder 1 full of fuel so with plugs out I flood cleared it and I could see cylinder 1 injector was pissing fuel when I shined my light down the plug tube. I think its safe to say an injector but Im not sure if the overboost could be thrown by an issue with that or if something else is going on that I need to look into. I have a stratified tune with an APR K04 that has maybe 2000 miles since installed and nothing I can see obvious with any of that

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
So I was driving my car on the highway yesterday not aggresively. Started to shudder and engine light started flashing. Ok cool. Got home my laptop wont keep a charge to check VCDS (like I know how to even use it) my access port has codes for overboost and cyl 1 misfire. Found cylinder 1 full of fuel so with plugs out I flood cleared it and I could see cylinder 1 injector was pissing fuel when I shined my light down the plug tube. I think its safe to say an injector but Im not sure if the overboost could be thrown by an issue with that or if something else is going on that I need to look into. I have a stratified tune with an APR K04 that has maybe 2000 miles since installed and nothing I can see obvious with any of that
I would address the obvious first. Replace the injector, spark plug first. Being who I am I would probably do all 4 plugs and coils but that is just me.

Then see where you are.

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
I would address the obvious first. Replace the injector, spark plug first. Being who I am I would probably do all 4 plugs and coils but that is just me.

Then see where you are.
I see urotuning has a injector service kit with all 4 injectors with seals and gaskets for TB and manifold. Think it would be beneficial to do all the injectors too rather than just the obvious bad one?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I see urotuning has a injector service kit with all 4 injectors with seals and gaskets for TB and manifold. Think it would be beneficial to do all the injectors too rather than just the obvious bad one?
I would if….
You plan on keeping car for a while and have the budget. I prefer preventative approach and don’t like having failures while on the road. Not everybody has the budget for that approach and just fix what breaks and no more.

king1138

Go Kart Champion
I would do all four injectors (and plugs) if it were me. Having the intake off for access is enough of a PITA to make it worthwhile.

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
I do plan on keeping the car for a while. I ordered the that service kit from urotuning. hoping that over boost deal is related. just bought a house so I cant afford any more BS lol