GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 Engine Bay Shave, Tucked, Cleaned Up

spiker369

on air, don't care
anyways i started to hand polish the gearbox, im bringing back an old hobby. it looks way better in person tho. i also decided not to tuck the fuse box due to the complexity of the wire harnesses.

Are you sanding it at all? Or just going in with polish?

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Needs moar intake pics ;)
:D
Are you sanding it at all? Or just going in with polish?

its a combination of a wire wheel on a dremel and scotch brite pads,steel wool and sometimes sandpaper. the metal is smooth already so i just got to clean the dirt and stuff off of it first. the key to polishing is the polish compound and buffing wheel. it looks better in person, the camera doesnt quite capture it all.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Gottcha! I wasn't sure, i some of the photos it looked sort of pitted so that's why I asked. [emoji106] I've been working on a little polishing project myself, however, it has nothing to do with engine bay shaving!
I post whatever I want on this forum, I've been here longer than most of you.

Tapatalk wrote this

aregister

Ready to race!

Kenny114

Ready to race!
Hey guys so I recently started gaining balls to try this... I started by taking out the windshield pump and filler and I have bought all the connections to move the battery to the trunk and I bought the block off plate to remove everything for the SAI. I also bought new engine and tranny mounts to make things a bit shinier. Don't mind my nasty bay but I had a question regarding the coolant ball. I am going to make a bracket and move it where the windshield fluid pump used to be behind the bumper..

My questions are:

1) where can I buy the proper tubing to do this and connect it all back up properly?

2) what are these silver lines on top of the engine behind the coil packs going to the coolant overflow and then to other spots? How can i delete this line and re route it to the ball? And what is the other silver line going to that plugs in to the green connection by the ball?

3) when extending the electrical wires for different plugs to be re-routed, did you guys crimp or solder them?

Thank you for your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
so many good ideas in here. gives me an itch to do something on the car

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Don't mind my nasty bay but I had a question regarding the coolant ball. I am going to make a bracket and move it where the windshield fluid pump used to be behind the bumper..

I don't think you can mount it that low. it needs to be the highest point in the coolant system for everything to flow and return properly.