GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 gti ko4

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
So, I recently found a ko4 on my car, stock downpipe, I only realized this when I found a TOP and I followed it up and read the blue plac that said ko4-0064, so besides a downpipe, intercooler, and 3bar map sensor (already have the apr tune, but not on the car yet) what else would I need to effectively run a ko4? Anything I'm forgetting? also is there any way to tell what kit i am running, my DV isnt in the front of my car so that rules out some of the kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
Lucky!

Kit is Revo or APR, probably APR, contact them with your VIN details and they can tell. They may request proof of ownership too.

http://www.goapr.com/support/

thanks! ill try to get some info from them, i would also assume its an APR kit because when i went to get an apr stage 1 tune on the car they said my car already ownes the stage 1,2, and ko4 tunes, so i had them warranty transfer in my name, so now i own them all. no matter what, i have to have a DV or Blow off right? i cant not have one i think

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
thanks! ill try to get some info from them, i would also assume its an APR kit because when i went to get an apr stage 1 tune on the car they said my car already ownes the stage 1,2, and ko4 tunes, so i had them warranty transfer in my name, so now i own them all. no matter what, i have to have a DV or Blow off right? i cant not have one i think

The stock DV attached on the turbo is fine.

Install any 3" downpipe and go get new plugs as required by APR:

APR's software is designed for use with NGK BKR8EIX spark plugs gapped to 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km.

That's all you need. Enjoy the APR K04!

https://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_trans_20_tsi_k04.html

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!

APR's software is designed for use with NGK BKR8EIX spark plugs gapped to 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km.

My coil pack went out a while back so I got the r8 packs and those exact plugs as well, I'll need to check my gapping but I at least don't need to buy those! And yeah I bought the cheap Beluga racing downpipe, I'll post a review and pics when it gets here since I couldn't find many that weren't the catback, I'll be using the stock catback for a while. But thanks!

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
I am still on my stock catback 2 years later...I had 3" catback for some time but felt no gains..

That's awesome, I really don't want my car to be to loud, I want to enjoy the speed and turbo noise while still being kinda a little gti people won't expect to be fast. My downpipe and 3bar map sensor will be here Wednesday, so I'll throw up pics of the welds and stuff then, hopefully all is well with it.

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
I am still on my stock catback 2 years later...I had 3" catback for some time but felt no gains..

I also contacted apr, but since it's Sunday they haven't gotten back to me, hopefully it is an apr ko4 kit

sauceman101

Ready to race!

With the K04 2.5" or 3" DP works, APR runs a 3" and AWE runs a 2.5" quite possibly the best two out there.

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
With the K04 2.5" or 3" DP works, APR runs a 3" and AWE runs a 2.5" quite possibly the best two out there.

The downpipe I'm getting, the beluga racing opens with a 3" and goes down to 2.5" to match the stock cat back