GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI Stage 3 Vs. Saleen Mustang S/C

T045T3R

Passed Driver's Ed
So i was coming home from the meet out in Pleasanton in Northern CA and when i was leaving i saw two cars on the freeway going home. I saw a Rs4 Audi and a Saleen Mustang, so i barked at the audi ( he didnt wanna race when he heard my GT30R lol) and the saleen barked back. so we dropped down to about 40 mph and took off. i pulled a 2 1/2 car on him by 100 mph then we both pretty much evened out. He didnt gain any ground and i didnt pull on him anymore. those things are rated at 505HP

im wondering if a stage 2+ gti could keep up?

Last edited:

trd420

Go Kart Champion
I was at the meet to i think i know the car your talking about. nice gt30r what shop did it for you 034? i was thinking about a gt2871r

T045T3R

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought the parts from APR direct and installed them my self. That thing was fast lol

Larry M

Banned
Can you give more info regarding your setup please ? Power output ? i know stage 3 is the GT28RS !

Thank you

T045T3R

Passed Driver's Ed
Look at apr's site the gt30r is stage 3 it's a direct bolt on kit. It puts around 320+ to the wheels

Seraphin_syn

Passed Driver's Ed
he did put it on himself... or maybe he just made up the story... or maybe he doesnt have a apr stg 3... or maybe.. (you get the picture) lol

T045T3R

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry it is a 2871 I have a gt30r on my miata haha sorry

UKGTI1

Ready to race!
If I see an RS4, the last thing I'm thinking of is embarrassing myself in a race. My thought process instead will be:

1) Sweet car, I want one of those
2) I wonder how much I can get one for?

Then, I come too and I'm thinking:

3) The maintenance costs will be ridiculous

And then I'm happy I have my car and not his.