GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Jetta suspension on a GTI

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I tried searching but I see a lot of mixed info. It sounds like the shocks and struts fit but there might be a difference in spring rates. I see a few old vortex threads but not much from this site.

I dont want to get into a discussion about the quality of this set up but someone local to me is selling Raceland JETTA MK6 PRIMO ADJ DAMPING COILOVERS (55MM W/INDEPENDENT REAR) brand new for a really good price

Can anyone confirm if they will properly fit WITHOUT modification?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I tried searching but I see a lot of mixed info. It sounds like the shocks and struts fit but there might be a difference in spring rates. I see a few old vortex threads but not much from this site.

I dont want to get into a discussion about the quality of this set up but someone local to me is selling Raceland JETTA MK6 PRIMO ADJ DAMPING COILOVERS (55MM W/INDEPENDENT REAR) brand new for a really good price

Can anyone confirm if they will properly fit WITHOUT modification?

Yes they should fit without modification if they are both the MK6 platform unless raceland did something different. Stock Jetta suspension will fit a Golf or GTI. You are correct the spring rates are different but I see a lot of coilover setups sold to fit all three so I don't know how much that matters with adjustable coilovers.

If they were the 50mm strut version they would not fit. I am not sure which mk6 Jetta version had the 50mm struts but I think it was one of the 2.5L models.

Last edited: