GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 quirks

Thumper

Autocross Champion
The best quirk is when the timing system fails and destroys your engine

Aw, come on..........to be fair not just a MK6 quirk, the A4s had the same issue. LOL

Reminds me of my last car, an 07 Mercedes E63 AMG with the classic camshaft and cam adjuster failures. They were even sued and the case was dropped, but everyone knows in the AMG world that they were garbage. I mean, what other engine would need a cam replaced at 35k due to worn lobes?

Yeah, having a camshaft replacement schedule is pretty intense. 35k service - oil change, service spark plugs, inspect CV joints...........oh...and replace camshafts. :ROFLMAO:

I got one, just reminded me as I got to drive mine today with the weather being nice. This happens everytime I get in the car. I close the door and hit the START button and suddenly from nowhere I get this huge smile on my face. The second I roll out of the driveway and up the street I get this supremely happy feeling. Lasts all the way to work.

king1138

Go Kart Champion
I got one, just reminded me as I got to drive mine today with the weather being nice. This happens everytime I get in the car. I close the door and hit the START button and suddenly from nowhere I get this huge smile on my face. The second I roll out of the driveway and up the street I get this supremely happy feeling. Lasts all the way to work.
Wow, that's incredible, I have that quirk too!! Haha. This damn car always buts a big stupid smile on my face!

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, having a camshaft replacement schedule is pretty intense. 35k service - oil change, service spark plugs, inspect CV joints...........oh...and replace camshafts. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, look up M156 camshaft problems and you'll see. I mean, the M156 was an awesome engine other than that. 6.2L NATURALLY ASPERATED quad cam 500+HP/450+ TQ with a 8k redline... Loved the sounds too. Just too damn expensive to maintain.