GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Borla Exhaust Type S vs AWE Track Edition

Which is better?

• Total voters

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
MK7.5 Borla Exhaust Type S vs AWE Track edition

If you own either of these excellent exhausts systmesmake your case!

I like both but I’m leaning towards AWE atm, it’s a little more expensive but I like the sound a bit better.

How are drones at 80-85 mph. That’s my standard highway speeds.

Thanks,
A2

Also my car is stock down pipe and mostly everything else except EQT stage 1 Tune

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If your car doesn't drone now it shouldn't with either of those choices.

Reactions: A2R

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
Come on people!

Tell me your success stories, why you like what you got.

Hell, if you got an exhaust that you feel is better around the 800-1000 dollar range plead your case.

I’m looking for loud but no drone.

Thanks for the votes

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Come on people!

Tell me your success stories, why you like what you got.

Hell, if you got an exhaust that you feel is better around the 800-1000 dollar range plead your case.

I’m looking for loud but no drone.

Thanks for the votes
The only way you're going to get drone is if you run an aftermarket DP. Go on YouTube and you can hear sound clips for pretty much every aftermarket exhaust. None will be what you would truly call loud. You get loud by installing an aftermarket DP or taking the muffler out of the exhaust.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
The only way you're going to get drone is if you run an aftermarket DP. Go on YouTube and you can hear sound clips for pretty much every aftermarket exhaust. None will be what you would truly call loud. You get loud by installing an aftermarket DP or taking the muffler out of the exhaust.
not entirely true. I had CTS mated to stock DP and that shit droned so hard around 3k rpm.

gadirmon

Car(s)
2017 Golf
Nice choice! I got the Borla S Type from 4wheelonline because I have no plan of getting a tune. It has a sportier sound and is not too loud.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Went with AWE Track Exhaust!

Thanks for all the opinions.

A2
Noice! I voted for AWE Track but don't own it, lol. I've had it on my wish list forever hoping for a sale that might never come. I've read all the reviews and watched all the clips. Sounds like the perfect exhaust for this car on a stock DP. That and I need larger tips than stock (got an A/M rear diffuser). Dying to get larger exhaust tips but don't want to buy tips only when I know I want sound eventually and will get the exhaust to scratch that itch. Hope you have a blast with this one! :cool: (y)

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
My car was running a Borla Catback with factory downpipe until recently. Relatively aggressive but no drone and not loud. Added a catted downpipe recently and much louder now with crackles and pops at downshifts. At WOT sounds great. Some drone while cruising. If it were up to me I’d add a resonator but my son likes it the way it is.

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
Installed her last night, I’m actually surprised how tame the sound is. I was expecting it to be about 2-3x as loud as it is. Just from the product description and being turned up to 11.

I can tell during cold starts it definitely has a meaner snarl, it sounds better than stick for sure. Due to my hearing loss having had other modded cars it’s just quiet. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. My mechanic said the sound is most likely suppressed by the CAT and taking that out would unleash a lot more sound.

I have a ND Miata with MAP performance header and full Catback exhaust, that thing is loud! Maybe it also is so loud because the roof is off. Lol.

Overall I’m quite happy, if I was keeping this car longer I would probably get a downpipe but I don’t plan on going pass stage 1 on her. I plan to upgrade to either MK8 GTI/R when they fix its ugliness and actually add buttons/knobs. Or if Subaru makes a WRX STi hatchback I will 100% buy that.

I plan to trade the ND in for the new Z in a year or 2!

Thanks for everyone opinions and suggestions!