GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 on Canada Website

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
So I found out today that the Mk7 Golf lineup was now on the Canadian VW site.. Apparently the GTI's over there now start at $29,000 and a fully-specced model will run about $41,000. Bit expensive?

Link: http://contents.vw.ca/models/golflineup/en/

Mods, if this is in the wrong section please move it.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
For the US yes, for Canada no.

Of course it's going to be more expensive there, taxes added and all. I'm guessing a fully-specced one here will be about $35,000-$37,000. Just curious about this.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Of course it's going to be more expensive there, taxes added and all. I'm guessing a fully-specced one here will be about $35,000-$37,000. Just curious about this.

For an R maybe, not a GTI. They'll still be in the 32K range retail for a fully loaded GTI.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Considering the MK6 R was under $40K, $41+K for a GTI is a bit pricey.. Of course, it depends if this 41K is including freight/PDI, dealer fees etc etc..

What does the $41K include?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Here's the final pricing:
Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 5.30.52 AM.png

Tech Package + Leather Package.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
The 4 DR model has only 4 color choices?!...and only two options?!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
The 4 DR model has only 4 color choices?!...and only two options?!

Yeah... Sounds like the Wolfsburg/Driver's Editions-they have 3 colors..

O-III

Ready to race!
Canada had only the same four color choices for the MKVI. We have fewer option packages due to it being a much smaller market. Remember all MKVI's in Canada came with Climatronic, Bi-Xenon headlights, RCD-510 or RNS-510 (no 300 series radios), and multi-function steering wheels. This time we do get a "stripper" two-door model at $28K.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Not seeing the Performance Package available anywhere on those Canuckistanian builds.

Hopefully that doesn't hold true for the US market.

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
The base 2 door is actually about $2000 cheaper than the mk6, with a loaded 4 door about the same price. When I priced it out it was within a few hundred of my car with same equipment. The 42k is including all fees and taxes. The mk6 R was closer to 46k all in.
We pay more for cars here yes, but they also come better equipped. Still overpriced compared to US models though. I remember when I worked for Nissan and the 350Z came out, our base price was about 39k while the US started at 26k but the US model was almost stripped compared to our model, which came loaded with the only options being navi and "track" package.

formul8

My GLI farts
The base 2 door is actually about $2000 cheaper than the mk6, with a loaded 4 door about the same price. When I priced it out it was within a few hundred of my car with same equipment. The 42k is including all fees and taxes. The mk6 R was closer to 46k all in.
We pay more for cars here yes, but they also come better equipped. Still overpriced compared to US models though. I remember when I worked for Nissan and the 350Z came out, our base price was about 39k while the US started at 26k but the US model was almost stripped compared to our model, which came loaded with the only options being navi and "track" package.

It's because us Americans are cheap mofo's who are lured in by entry level prices.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Free healthcare FTW!

More importantly how does this compare to the MK6 model in terms of price..