GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mkvi Gti Vs Honda Accord (Not Performance)

gkallis

Ready to race!
Ok so today my buddy let me borrow his car and wow i felt drunk driving it. The steering wheel is shit, its like driving a lawnmower. The power is slim to nothing. The quality of interior is just shit. Stereo is something to laugh at and i bet gas milage sucks too! Is this what other cars are like? Ive only had german cars so im use to a nice driving style. Idk i know im going to get "Cool Story bro" but do WRX's Evo's Speed3's all drive like that? if so im glad i went GTI.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

McQueen77

Banned
Well coming from a background of driving Hondas and Toyotas for over a decade: while they are generally pretty 'reliable', beyond that, they generally offer a pretty low-end, 'economy' feel in just about every way compared to German (cept' maybe the Jettas, which are barely German). Even just a basic Passat feels so much nicer than an Accord. So yeah, you're impressions were pretty right on.

Cool story bro. ; )

gkallis

Ready to race!
Well coming from a background of driving Hondas and Toyotas for over a decade: while they are generally pretty 'reliable', beyond that, they generally offer a pretty low-end, 'economy' feel in just about every way compared to German (cept' maybe the Jettas, which are barely German). Even just a basic Passat feels so much nicer than an Accord. So yeah, you're impressions were pretty right on.

damn thats kindof depressing that all of them are like that ha i guess im sticking with german as i grow up lol
Cool story bro. ; )
Had to do it didnt you ha

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
I'd like to concur with the cool story bro.

I come from a lifetime of Japanese car ownership, and my last two whips had H's on the hood.

Pros: Reliable. Took a lot of abuse. When you car dies after 215 large on the odometer, it doesn't owe you squat.

Cons: Everything that you and McQueen name. My brother and fiancee have Hondas and Toyotas. Whenever I've driven them, it's like a flashback to a simpler time when I didn't, no couldn't, use the passing lane.

McQueen77

Banned
Pros: Reliable. Took a lot of abuse. When you car dies after 215 large on the odometer, it doesn't owe you squat.

Cons: Everything that you and McQueen name. My brother and fiancee have Hondas and Toyotas. Whenever I've driven them, it's like a flashback to a simpler time when I didn't, no couldn't, use the passing lane.

Pretty right on man.

gkallis

Ready to race!
atleast i finally posted something that people agree with haha

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Lol not all honda's are that bad. I could see myself driving an S2000 if I had to pick one.

dwp2

Ready to race!
For the record, a guy tried to race me in his late model v6 accord tonight. He failed by a large margin.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Drove a Camry pretty much my entire driving life until the GTI, and they have their usefulness....interior room, reliability, fuel economy......fun to drive is not usually part of it(though e-brake handle makes everything better in the snow...).

I won't mind owning one if I ever become a family person, but before then...no more...lol

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
Drove a Camry pretty much my entire driving life until the GTI, and they have their usefulness....interior room, reliability, fuel economy......fun to drive is not usually part of it(though e-brake handle makes everything better in the snow...).

I won't mind owning one if I ever become a family person, but before then...no more...lol

Am Schnellsten!

Schnell, schneller, ...
Do you guys feel the Mini Cooper S is more a German or Japanese feel? I haven't test driven one yet, the wife wants me to get it and I want the GTI. Of course, I'll just have to put the pants back on and buy the GTI. ;)

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!

McQueen77

Banned
You can judge, but there are no better appliance....:D

Exactly. Appliance is right. Sort of a like the car version of a dependable vacuum cleaner. Does the job, never breaks but you it's not like you really look forward to pulling out the ol' reliable vacuum and taking it for a spin around the living room.

gkallis

Ready to race!
Do you guys feel the Mini Cooper S is more a German or Japanese feel? I haven't test driven one yet, the wife wants me to get it and I want the GTI. Of course, I'll just have to put the pants back on and buy the GTI. ;)

Well im prob the best guy to talk too about this. my brother has a mini cooper S (2008) and if you want a car that PURE fun the Mini cooper is deff the way to go. Its literally a go kart. Everything else sucks theres no room in back seats (Trust me ive had to sit there) and the trunk is piss poor he has problems fitting his school bag in there. The stereo in it is just terrible. Oh and i forget how quick the mini was to my stock GTI but now that im stage 2 i dont bother driving the mini because you put your good down and literally dont feel like your moving. Im getting sidetracked to answer your original question its deff more German you shouldnt even question that ha.