GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Modded MS3 vs. Accord 6spd

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Had a chance to run this accord last night:

I think his mods are just bolt ons. There is a video of the race I will have to get. We ran at around 70mph-130mph. I pulled him pretty hard all the way to 130 i would say like 2 buses. Not sure how this car compares to yours, just my experience.

No comparison lol. That's a 6G which only came in automatic (4spd mind you) and was a slug. Stock 1/4 was upper 15s-16 flat @87-89. With bolt ons it's at best a low 15 car @92. You could swap the 6 speed though. At that point it'd be decently quick, but probably still a mid 14 @ 96-97 car. They only came with 200hp/195 and weighed 3150 or so.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
It would make sense for the stage 2 100 octane car to pull you to 95 and you creep afterwards. These cars are terrible once they shift into 5th gear.

It doesn't take a WGA to get to 105mph. I know somebody on Golfmkv that did 105.9 mph on APR stage 2+ with a stock BW K03. He had catless DP, BSH FMIC, air intake, etc... He switched to Revo with the SPS+ and ran a Forge WGA and then got the 107.x mph trap.

Just on my set up with the mods in my sig I'll run my friends C5 from a 40 roll with me in 3rd and him in second and only lose 3 cars to 110mph. If how you beat VW's in the past is indicative of how you'd run me apparently you're LS1 fast? I doubt that and I'm not putting down your car, it's impressive for an NA Honda set up. I believe you should get a better platform though (I posted that on Golfmkv).

From my experience, on the street anything can happen. My friends C5 barely edged a full exhaust, tuned and intake EVO 8 MR so I know his car is fast. I've also noticed some cars run well and some don't. I think a lot of it has to do with miles, maintenance, driver and the amount of options the car has affecting the weight. As an average though stage 2 FSI =101-103mph, stage 2 TSI/stage 2+ FSI = 104-107mph. Some cars don't get anywhere near those traps but the good drivers in the right cars will always get in that range.

As far as trap speed not meaning everything, it does. From a roll it's the biggest indicator of what's going to happen. If its from a stop, totally different story.

FWIW, you running MKV/MKVI's from a 40 does not give you a good idea of how the car runs. It takes away the GTI's advantage and favors your set up. If the stage 2 100 octane car had proper summer tires or DRs and you ran a 20 you would've never caught him AT ALL

It's a moot point arguing my point because I'll never get the opportunity to run you from Florida but I figured I'd tell you what I've personally seen down here.

EDITED, your welcome :D

You guys are funny. If we both had DRs from a 20 it would've made little difference. My car is pretty strong from a 20-25 roll. If he had DRs and I didn't, of course it'd be different lol. The only run he put good distance on me and I didn't catch up was a 30 roll, way out of my powerband in 2nd.

I've seen plenty of GTI's run from 40 rolls, I don't see why that's a problem. The turbo doesn't run out of steam until 100+. I'll run from a 20 roll, no issues here. I'd assume the GTI would be in 2nd as to not spin? If you see the video of the 1st gear roll on the previous pages, you will the the 20-25 roll is where I pulled the most. Take what you will.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
You guys are funny. If we both had DRs from a 20 it would've made little difference. My car is pretty strong from a 20-25 roll. If he had DRs and I didn't, of course it'd be different lol. The only run he put good distance on me and I didn't catch up was a 30 roll, way out of my powerband in 2nd.

I've seen plenty of GTI's run from 40 rolls, I don't see why that's a problem. The turbo doesn't run out of steam until 100+. I'll run from a 20 roll, no issues here. I'd assume the GTI would be in 2nd as to not spin? If you see the video of the 1st gear roll on the previous pages, you will the the 20-25 roll is where I pulled the most. Take what you will.

The bold text makes no sense what so ever and is a clear indicator of how mislead you are. Our turbos even in 2nd gear "die out",(look for the sticky) it has nothing to do with speed and everything to do with rpm.

With that said, im sure you know someone on the accord forums with similar mods that you have that lives in south florida. Set up a race and get in contact with me.

If he has a tune, let me know so i can connect my sps and flash to 100 octane like how you raced the fsi.

And ps, this is an mk6 forum not a honda nor an ms3 forum. Not to bash you in any way but this post is of no relevance to anyone on this forum. If anything, this should be moved to the off topic section.

I do know someone in SFL that has similar mods, untuned. Not sure if his car is running 100% yet, but when it is I will let you know.

Put down 270/227 SAE yesterday! Added the 3.7 TL IM/TB and polished lower IM runners. Gained 15whp/6wtq peak.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
pics of dyno graph?